Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Update on treatment strategies for optimization of final adult height in children with congenital adrenal hyperplasiaAsma Javed
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 10:164-73. 2012..This will include variations in 'standard' medical therapy and recent single and combination therapies with growth hormone, GnRH analogs, aromatase inhibitors and anti androgens to optimize final height in CAH...
- Female athlete triad and its components: toward improved screening and managementAsma Javed
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 88:996-1009. 2013..Prevention and early recognition of triad disorders are crucial to ensure timely intervention. Caregivers and physicians of female athletes must remain vigilant in education, recognition, and treatment of athletes at risk. ..
- Pseudohypoaldosteronism presenting with thrombocytosis and bilateral pneumothoraces in an infantAsma Javed
Mayo Clinic, Pediatric Endocrinology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 26:393-5. 2013..These findings contribute to the limited case descriptions of PHA-1 and may suggest additional diagnostic considerations in a neonate presenting with hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, and failure to thrive...
- Phenotypic Characterization of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Adolescents Based on Menstrual IrregularityAsma Javed
Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
Horm Res Paediatr 84:223-30. 2015..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in adolescents is associated with adverse metabolic outcomes. The association of menstrual irregularity with metabolic risk among adolescents with PCOS was assessed...
- Fasting Glucose Changes in Adolescents with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Compared with Obese Controls: A Retrospective Cohort StudyAsma Javed
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 28:451-6. 2015..To compare changes in fasting glucose among adolescents with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) with those in obese adolescents without PCOS...
- Accuracy of thyroid nodule sonography for the detection of thyroid cancer in children: systematic review and meta-analysisAlaa Al Nofal
Division of Paediatric Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 84:423-30. 2016..Thyroid ultrasound (US) is a widely used tool for evaluating thyroid nodules. Various US features have been suggested as predictors of thyroid cancer in children...
- ACTH Stimulation Tests for the Diagnosis of Adrenal Insufficiency: Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisNaykky Singh Ospina
Evidence Based Practice Research Program N S O, A A N, K B, M H M, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit N S O, K B, M H M, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition N S O, N N, I B, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism A A N, A J, A N L, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Division of General Internal Medicine E K, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 101:427-34. 2016..The diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency is clinically challenging and often requires ACTH stimulation tests...
- Association between thyrotropin levels and insulin sensitivity in euthyroid obese adolescentsAsma Javed
1 Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Thyroid 25:478-84. 2015..The objective of this study was to determine the relationship between TSH concentrations and insulin sensitivity, lipids, and adipokines in euthyroid, non-diabetic, obese adolescents...