Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The PAX8/PPAR gamma fusion oncogene as a potential therapeutic target in follicular thyroid carcinomaBryan McIver
Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 4:221-34. 2004..Alternatively, modulation of several down-stream regulatory pathways may become possible, as the consequences of PPARgamma inhibition become better known. PPFP represents a potential novel target for the management of advanced FTC...
- The role of the PAX8/PPARgamma fusion oncogene in the pathogenesis of follicular thyroid cancerNorman L Eberhardt
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 321:50-6. 2010..Here we review progress on the studies of PPFP that assess its involvement in FTC tumorigenesis...
- A simple method for gene phasing using mate pair sequencingKendall W Cradic
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMC Med Genet 15:19. 2014..Several methods are currently used to phase genes, however due to cost, complexity and/or low sensitivity they are not suitable for clinical purposes...
- The Role of the PAX8/PPARgamma Fusion Oncogene in Thyroid CancerKimberly A Placzkowski
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
PPAR Res 2008:672829. 2008..PPARgamma agonists have shown promising results in vitro, although very few studies have been conducted to assess the clinical impact of these agents...
- PPARgamma staining as a surrogate for PAX8/PPARgamma fusion oncogene expression in follicular neoplasms: clinicopathological correlation and histopathological diagnostic valueMustafa Sahin
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:463-8. 2005..g. during intraoperative frozen section). PPARgamma staining also shows an association with favorable prognosis and may have a role in risk stratification...
- Evaluation of the PAX8/PPARG translocation in follicular thyroid cancer with a 4-color reverse-transcription PCR assay and automated high-resolution fragment analysisAlicia Algeciras-Schimnich
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 56:391-8. 2010..The molecular changes associated with follicular thyroid carcinoma (FTC) are point mutations in RAS oncogenes or the presence of PAX8/PPARG (paired box 8/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma) rearrangement...
- The PAX8/PPARgamma fusion oncoprotein transforms immortalized human thyrocytes through a mechanism probably involving wild-type PPARgamma inhibitionJ Gregory Powell
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
Oncogene 23:3634-41. 2004..Our data suggest that PPFP contributes to malignant transformation during FTC oncogenesis by acting on several cellular pathways, at least some of which are normally regulated by PPARgamma...
- The paired box-8/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma oncogene in thyroid tumorigenesisHoney V Reddi
Department of Medicine Division of Endocrinology, 200 First Street SW, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Endocrinology 148:932-5. 2007..PPFP is detected in approximately 30% of FTC. In this report we review data on the role of PPFP in FTC, its mechanism of oncogenesis, and PPFP targeting as a strategy in thyroid cancer treatment...
- hMLH1 promoter methylation and silencing in primary endometrial cancers are associated with specific alterations in MBDs occupancy and histone modificationsYuning Xiong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:321-8. 2006..To study how the occupancy of methyl CpG binding domain proteins (MBDs) and histone acetylation/methylation in hMLH1 promoter may participate in hMLH1 silencing...
- Thyroid gland clonality revisited: the embryonal patch size of the normal human thyroid gland is very large, suggesting X-chromosome inactivation tumor clonality studies of thyroid tumors have to be interpreted with cautionLidija Jovanovic
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Wellington 6002, New Zealand
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3284-91. 2003..Therefore, monoclonality in neoplastic and hyperplastic lesions may just be a reflection of normal thyroid epithelium clonal composition...
- High resolution loss of heterozygosity mapping of 17p13 in thyroid cancer: Hurthle cell carcinomas exhibit a small 411-kilobase common region of allelic imbalance, probably containing a novel tumor suppressor geneKathryn Farrand
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine, New Zealand
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4715-21. 2002..These data suggest that a TSG, involved in HCC pathogenesis, is contained within the D17S1308-D17S695 interval. There are several potential candidate TSGs in this region that are worthy of further study...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF GROWTH HORMONE RELATED GENENORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2002..The chromosomal TEF-P locus will be cloned and characterized, including chromosomal localization and promoter characterization (Aim 3). ..
- INTRACELLULAR AMYLOIDOGENESIS AND APOPTOSIS IN NIDDMNORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will increase our understanding of the contribution of intracellular amyloid accumulation, induction of apoptosis, and/or interference with ER trafficking to the pathogenesis of NIDDM. ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSORS AND DIFFERENTIATED THYROID CANCERNORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) The inhibitory effects of PPFP can be modulated by PPARgamma and RXR Iigand binding. (5) PPFP alters multiple PARgamma-regulated transcription pathways, which alter growth control and/or apoptosis. ..