- Epidemiology and Impact of Knee Injuries in Major and Minor League Baseball Players
Diane L Dahm
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 45:E54-62. 2016
..The infield (30%) and home plate (23%) were the most common locations in which injuries occurred. These data can be utilized for targeted injury prevention initiatives. ..
- Patellofemoral arthroplasty: outcomes and factors associated with early progression of tibiofemoral arthritis
Diane L Dahm
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St, SW, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 22:2554-9. 2014
- Treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injury in skeletally immature patients
Joshua L Hudgens
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Pediatr 2012:932702. 2012
..This paper aims to address the natural course of ACL injuries in the skeletally immature patient, treatment options with associated complications, and current preventative strategies...
- CT and MRI measurements of tibial tubercle-trochlear groove distances are not equivalent in patients with patellar instability
Christopher L Camp
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:1835-40. 2013
..This measurement has historically been performed utilizing axial computed tomography (CT). More recently, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) has been proposed as an equivalent method, but this has not yet been fully validated...
- Outcomes of repeat revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
Timothy B Griffith
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:1296-301. 2013
..As anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction is performed increasingly in the United States, the rate of revision ACL reconstruction continues to rise. A paucity of literature exists with respect to repeat ACL revision surgery...
- Reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament in patients over 50 years
D L Dahm
Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:1446-50. 2008
..We conclude that reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament in carefully-selected patients aged 50 years or over can achieve similar results to those in younger patients, with no increased risk of complications...
- Patellofemoral arthroplasty versus total knee arthroplasty in patients with isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis
Diane L Dahm
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 39:487-91. 2010
..There was one deep vein thrombosis in the TKA group. We conclude that PFA yields clinical outcomes comparable to that of TKA as treatment for isolated PA and may be a less invasive option for this select subgroup of patients...
- Creatine use among a select population of high school athletes
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 75:1257-63. 2000
..To determine the prevalence, frequency, and patterns of creatine use among a local population of high school athletes...