M Regina Castro
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Predictors of malignancy in patients with cytologically suspicious thyroid nodulesM Regina Castro
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Thyroid 21:1191-8. 2011..We aimed to identify clinical predictors of malignancy in the subset of patients with suspicious FNA cytology...
- Continuing controversies in the management of thyroid nodulesM Regina Castro
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
Ann Intern Med 142:926-31. 2005..However, the low frequency of this cancer, coupled with the high cost associated with case detection, has resulted in a lack of general acceptance of this recommendation...
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone pituitary adenomasMichelle J Clarke
Department of Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55906, USA
J Neurosurg 109:17-22. 2008..Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)-secreting pituitary adenomas are rare, representing < 2% of all pituitary adenomas...
- Chronic care model and shared care in diabetes: randomized trial of an electronic decision support systemSteven A Smith
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:747-57. 2008..To assess the effect of a specialist telemedicine intervention for improving diabetes care using the chronic care model (CCM)...
- An independent study of a gene expression classifier (Afirma) in the evaluation of cytologically indeterminate thyroid nodulesBryan McIver
Department of Head and Neck, and Endocrine Oncology B M, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612 Division of Endocrinology M R C, J C M, L K, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905 Division of Endocrinology V B, R S, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32216 Department of Surgical Pathology M H, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905 and Prevention Genetics H R, Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:4069-77. 2014..However, there are currently no independent studies of the performance of this assay...
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A due to an exon 8 (G533C) mutation in a large North American kindredM Regina Castro
1 Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
Thyroid 23:1547-52. 2013..This mutation had only been previously described in a large family in Brazil and in 7.75% of patients with apparently sporadic medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) in Greece...
- Approach to the patient with nontoxic multinodular goiterRebecca S Bahn
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1202-12. 2011..Radioactive iodine, commonly used in many parts of Europe, is safe and effective and may be a reasonable option for many patients. Periodic follow-up with neck palpation and US exam is recommended for all patients...
- Effectiveness of thyroid hormone suppressive therapy in benign solitary thyroid nodules: a meta-analysisM Regina Castro
Section of General Internal Medicine, Albany Medical School and VA Healthcare Network Upstate New York, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4154-9. 2002..The results are highly sensitive to changes in the statistical analysis, especially if the method used ignores heterogeneity among the effect sizes. More studies are needed before this therapy can be widely recommended...
- Thyroid fine-needle aspiration biopsy: progress, practice, and pitfallsM Regina Castro
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology, Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, New York, USA
Endocr Pract 9:128-36. 2003..To provide an updated review of the current progress in, and the practice and pitfalls of, thyroid fine-needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy...