Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Monte Carlo modeling of cascade gamma rays in (86)Y PET imaging: preliminary resultsXuping Zhu
Radiology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, MA, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:4181-93. 2009..Our approach will be further improved in the future in the modeling of random coincidences and tracking of high-energy photons, and simulation results will be used for the development of correction methods in (86)Y PET...
- Improved MAGIC gel for higher sensitivity and elemental tissue equivalent 3D dosimetryXuping Zhu
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Med Phys 37:183-8. 2010..However, improvement in elemental tissue equivalency (specifically O/C ratio) is very desirable to ensure realistic time-activity measurements...
- Mapping (15)O production rate for proton therapy verificationKira Grogg
Center for Advanced Radiological Sciences, Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Radiology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 92:453-9. 2015....
- A Recommendation on How to Analyze In-Room PET for In Vivo Proton Range Verification Using a Distal PET Surface MethodChul Hee Min
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA Department of Radiological Science and Research Institute of Health Science, Yonsei University, Wonju, Kangwon, Republic of Korea
Technol Cancer Res Treat 14:320-5. 2015..Using the distal activity level surfaces of simulated and measured PET distributions at the middle of 25% and 50% activity level is a robust method for in vivo range verification. ..
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association and Clinical Evaluation of a Novel Brain PET/CT ScannerKira S Grogg
The Gordon Center for Medical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Nucl Med 57:646-52. 2016..The scanner was designed as a low-cost device that nevertheless produces high-quality PET images with the unique capability of battery-powered propulsion, enabling use in many settings...
- Clinical application of in-room positron emission tomography for in vivo treatment monitoring in proton radiation therapyChul Hee Min
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 86:183-9. 2013..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the potential of using in-room positron emission tomography (PET) for treatment verification in proton therapy and for deriving suitable PET scan times...
- Monitoring proton radiation therapy with in-room PET imagingXuping Zhu
Department of Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Phys Med Biol 56:4041-57. 2011..In-room PET is a promising low cost, high sensitivity modality for the in vivo verification of proton therapy. Better accuracy in Monte Carlo predictions, especially for biological decay modeling, is necessary...
- MRI-based nonrigid motion correction in simultaneous PET/MRISe Young Chun
Center for Advanced Radiological Sciences, Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Radiology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Nucl Med 53:1284-91. 2012..This paper presents an approach to respiratory motion correction using simultaneous PET/MRI to demonstrate initial results in phantoms, rabbits, and nonhuman primates and discusses the prospects for clinical application...
- Solid-tumor radionuclide therapy dosimetry: new paradigms in view of tumor microenvironment and angiogenesisXuping Zhu
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Med Phys 37:2974-84. 2010....
- Proton therapy verification with PET imagingXuping Zhu
Center for Advanced Medical Imaging Sciences, NMMI Division, Radiology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston
Theranostics 3:731-40. 2013..The different data detecting systems (in-beam, in-room and off-line PET), calculation methods for the prediction of proton induced PET activity distributions, and approaches for data evaluation are discussed. ..
- Quantitative simultaneous 99mTc/123I cardiac SPECT using MC-JOSEMJinsong Ouyang
Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Med Phys 36:602-11. 2009..The measured precision was larger than the biased bound values by factors of 2-4, suggesting that further improvement could be made to the method...
- Quantitative simultaneous In-111/Tc-99m planar imaging in a long-bone infection phantomXuping Zhu
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Phys Med Biol 52:7353-65. 2007..4%. Compared with subjective visual assessment, quantitation of In-111/Tc-99m ratios may improve diagnostic accuracy and could eventually permit grading of osteomyelitis...
- Dose response of the AIA rabbit stifle joint to boron neutron capture synovectomySonya Shortkroff
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nucl Med Biol 31:663-70. 2004..Synovial ablation in the AIA joint was accomplished at doses of 6,000 to 7,000 RBE-cGy with no adverse effects to skin or extracapsular tissues...