ROBERT JON WALDINGER
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Reading others emotions: The role of intuitive judgments in predicting marital satisfaction, quality, and stabilityRobert J Waldinger
Judge Baker Children s Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Fam Psychol 18:58-71. 2004..The unique advantages of naive coding of emotion expression in marital interaction are discussed...
- Strange bedfellows: relationship satisfaction and domestic violenceRobert Waldinger
Judge Baker Children s Center, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 52:478-80. 2004
- What's love got to do with it? Social functioning, perceived health, and daily happiness in married octogenariansRobert J Waldinger
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Psychol Aging 25:422-31. 2010..PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2010 APA, all rights reserved)...
- Childhood sibling relationships as a predictor of major depression in adulthood: a 30-year prospective studyRobert J Waldinger
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 1249 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:949-54. 2007..The authors examined the quality of sibling relationships in childhood as a predictor of major depression in adulthood...
- Linking hearts and minds in couple interactions: intentions, attributions, and overriding sentimentsRobert J Waldinger
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Fam Psychol 20:494-504. 2006..Emotions mediated the links between relationship satisfaction and attributions, suggesting that clinicians working with distressed couples should pay more attention to the emotional climate in which attributions are made...
- Neural activity, neural connectivity, and the processing of emotionally valenced information in older adults: links with life satisfactionRobert J Waldinger
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 11:426-36. 2011....
- Mapping the road from childhood trauma to adult somatization: the role of attachmentRobert J Waldinger
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospitaland Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Psychosom Med 68:129-35. 2006..This study tested whether insecure attachment mediates the link between childhood trauma and adult somatization...
- The role of shame and guilt in male aggression toward partnersCynthia Moore
Judge Baker Children s Center, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 52:480-1. 2004
- Prospective associations from family-of-origin interactions to adult marital interactions and relationship adjustmentSarah W Whitton
Judge Baker Children s Center, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, MA USA
J Fam Psychol 22:274-86. 2008..These findings suggest a long-lasting influence of family communication patterns, particularly hostility, on offspring's intimate communication and relationship functioning...
- Adolescents' behavior in the presence of interparental hostility: developmental and emotion regulatory influencesMarc S Schulz
Department of Psychology, Bryn Mawr College, 101 North Merion Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010, USA
Dev Psychopathol 17:489-507. 2005..Gender and variations across families in overall levels of hostile parenting were also linked with adolescent behavior in the presence of interparental hostility...
- The value of pooling "naive" expertise: commentMarc S Schulz
Department of Psychology, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010, USA
Am Psychol 60:656-7; discussion 659-61. 2005
- The formulation as a collaborative conversationChris Gordon
Harv Rev Psychiatry 13:112-23. 2005