Steven J Skates
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Screening for ovarian cancer-risk, education, worry: path to appropriate use?Steven J Skates
Gynecol Oncol 85:1-2. 2002
- EPIC Early Detection of Ovarian CancerSteven J Skates
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Clin Cancer Res 22:4542-4. 2016..This natural history supports annual testing for early detection and highlights the importance of biomarker discovery complementing CA125. Clin Cancer Res; 22(18); 4542-4. ©2016 AACRSee related article by Terry et al., p. 4664. ..
- Impact on mortality and cancer incidence rates of using random invitation from population registers for recruitment to trialsMatthew Burnell
Gynaecological Oncology, EGA Institute for Women s Health, University College London, London, UK
Trials 12:61. 2011..This report assesses the extent of the HVE still prevalent in UKCTOCS and considers how certain shortfalls in mortality and incidence can be related to differences in socioeconomic status...
- Preoperative sensitivity and specificity for early-stage ovarian cancer when combining cancer antigen CA-125II, CA 15-3, CA 72-4, and macrophage colony-stimulating factor using mixtures of multivariate normal distributionsSteven J Skates
Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Stanford St, Suite 560, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4059-66. 2004..For direct comparisons between marker panels, all sensitivity results correspond to a 98% fixed first-line specificity (referral rate 2%)...
- Longitudinal CA125 detection of sporadic papillary serous carcinoma of the peritoneumS Skates
MGH Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:693-6. 2003..This rare primary tumor is usually associated with women at high risk for epithelial ovarian carcinoma, although this patient was not at high risk as she had no familial breast or ovarian cancer history...
- Calculation of the risk of ovarian cancer from serial CA-125 values for preclinical detection in postmenopausal womenSteven J Skates
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:206s-210s. 2003..We conducted a study to assess the screening performance of the risk of ovarian cancer calculation based on serial CA-125 levels from prospectively collected serum samples compared with a fixed CA-125 cutoff...
- Identification of epithelial cell adhesion molecule autoantibody in patients with ovarian cancerJae Hoon Kim
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:4782-91. 2003..090 in 26 normal women. This investigation has shown that the Ep-CAM autoantibody was found to be associated with ovarian cancer and suggested that future research assessing its clinical usefulness would be worthwhile...
- Haptoglobin-alpha subunit as potential serum biomarker in ovarian cancer: identification and characterization using proteomic profiling and mass spectrometryBin Ye
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:2904-11. 2003..The objective of this study was to identify and characterize new serum biomarkers in ovarian cancer patients using mass spectrometric protein profiling and specific immunological assays...
- Pooling of case specimens to create standard serum sets for screening cancer biomarkersSteven J Skates
Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:334-41. 2007..We describe the creation and use of standard serum sets developed from healthy donors and pooled sera from ovarian, breast, and endometrial cancer cases...
- Blood and urine markers for ovarian cancer: a comprehensive reviewKathryn L Terry
Ob Gyn Center Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Dis Markers 20:53-70. 2004
- Ovarian cancer biomarker performance in prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screening trial specimensDaniel W Cramer
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Ob Gyn, Division of Epidemiology, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:365-74. 2011..Despite many promising new markers for ovarian cancer, CA125 remains the single-best biomarker in the phase II and phase III specimens tested in this study...
- Progress in the management of gynecologic cancer: consensus summary statementStephen A Cannistra
Department of Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:129s-132s. 2003
- Large prospective study of ovarian cancer screening in high-risk women: CA125 cut-point defined by menopausal statusSteven J Skates
Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1401-8. 2011....
- Validation of a Biomarker Panel and Longitudinal Biomarker Performance for Early Detection of Ovarian CancerArchana R Simmons
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX and Department of Biostatistics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 26:1070-7. 2016..Our objective was to identify a multimarker panel suitable for ovarian cancer, where each individual marker has its own baseline, permitting longitudinal algorithm development...
- Ovarian cancer screening: development of the risk of ovarian cancer algorithm (ROCA) and ROCA screening trialsSteven J Skates
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:S24-6. 2012..Subsequent screening trials implemented the risk of ovarian cancer algorithm (ROCA) in which screening decisions are made based on the risk of having a change point. Development of ROCA is described, and ROCA trials are listed...
- Expression of multidrug resistance-1 protein inversely correlates with paclitaxel response and survival in ovarian cancer patients: a study in serial samplesRichard T Penson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gynecol Oncol 93:98-106. 2004....
- Osteopontin as a potential diagnostic biomarker for ovarian cancerJae Hoon Kim
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 287:1671-9. 2002..Analyses involving complementary DNA (cDNA) microarray data can be used to identify up-regulated genes in cancer cells, whose products may then be further validated as potential biomarkers...
- Combined CA125 and mesothelin levels for the diagnosis of malignant mesotheliomaJenette Creaney
National Research Centre for Asbestos Related Diseases, 4th Floor, G Block, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Verdun St, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Chest 132:1239-46. 2007..The purpose of this study was to study the mesothelin biomarker in a large patient cohort and to determine if another biomarker, CA125, improves on the sensitivity of mesothelin in the diagnosis of mesothelioma...
- Prospective study using the risk of ovarian cancer algorithm to screen for ovarian cancerUsha Menon
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Institute of Women s Health, University College London
J Clin Oncol 23:7919-26. 2005..To evaluate prevalence screening in the first prospective trial of a new ovarian cancer screening (OCS) strategy (risk of ovarian cancer or ROC algorithm) on the basis of age and CA125 profile...
- Cancer yield of mammography, MR, and US in high-risk women: prospective multi-institution breast cancer screening studyConstance D Lehman
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Ave E, G3 200, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Radiology 244:381-8. 2007..To prospectively determine cancer yield, callback and biopsy rates, and positive predictive value (PPV) of mammography, magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, and ultrasonography (US) in women at high risk for breast cancer...
- Osteopontin as an adjunct to CA125 in detecting recurrent ovarian cancerJohn O Schorge
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:3474-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that OPN is a clinically useful adjunct to CA125 in detecting recurrent ovarian cancer...