Alissa R Segal
Affiliation: Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Are you ready for more insulin concentrations?Alissa R Segal
MCPHS University, Boston, MA, USA Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 9:331-8. 2015..We also examine how the newer products may assist clinicians and patients with the difficulties faced with the use of U500R. ..
- Cutaneous reactions to drugs in childrenAlissa R Segal
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Department of Pharmacy Practice, 179 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115 5896, USA
Pediatrics 120:e1082-96. 2007..The purpose of this review is to discuss a reasonable approach to recognition and initial management of cutaneous adverse drug reactions in children...
- Use of concentrated insulin human regular (U-500) for patients with diabetesAlissa R Segal
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 179 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:1526-35. 2010..The efficacy and safety of and key clinical considerations for using U-500 insulin human regular in the treatment of high-dose insulin-treated patients in a wide variety of settings are examined...
- Assessment of barriers to improve diabetes management in older adults: a randomized controlled studyMedha N Munshi
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetes Care 36:543-9. 2013..The American Diabetes Association guidelines recommend the assessment of age-specific barriers. However, the effect of such strategy on outcomes is unknown...
- Treatment of type 2 diabetes in the elderlyMedha N Munshi
Division of Geriatrics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, 110 Francis St, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Diab Rep 12:239-45. 2012..Understanding the unique challenges faced by older adults with diabetes and issues pertaining to antidiabetes medications with aging is an important first step in the direction of better and tailored care of this burgeoning population...
- Dynamical glucometry: use of multiscale entropy analysis in diabetesMadalena D Costa
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Chaos 24:033139. 2014....
- Diabetes in long-term care facilitiesAaditya Singhal
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Diab Rep 14:464. 2014....
- Frequent hypoglycemia among elderly patients with poor glycemic controlMedha N Munshi
Sections of Adult Diabetes, Joslin Diabetes Center, Division of Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:362-4. 2011..To reduce the risk of hypoglycemia, relaxation of the standard hemoglobin A(1c) (HbA(1c)) goals has been proposed for frail elderly patients. However, the risk of hypoglycemia in this population with higher HbA(1c) levels is unknown...