Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Control of dinucleoside polyphosphates by the FHIT-homologous HNT2 gene, adenine biosynthesis and heat shock in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMarta Rubio-Texeira
Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
BMC Mol Biol 3:7. 2002..Which substrates are most important for Fhit signaling remain unknown...
- A comparative analysis of the GAL genetic switch between not-so-distant cousins: Saccharomyces cerevisiae versus Kluyveromyces lactisMarta Rubio-Texeira
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
FEMS Yeast Res 5:1115-28. 2005..Emphasis is placed on the potential for improved strategies in biotechnological applications using yeasts...
- Endless versatility in the biotechnological applications of Kluyveromyces LAC genesMarta Rubio-Texeira
68 541, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Biotechnol Adv 24:212-25. 2006..Emphasis is also made on the potential that some of the latest technologies, such as the generation of transgenics, will have for a further benefit in the use of these and related genes...
- Amino acids regulate retrieval of the yeast general amino acid permease from the vacuolar targeting pathwayMarta Rubio-Texeira
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3031-50. 2006..Thus the role of ubiquitination appears to be a signal for delivery of Gap1p to the MVE, whereas amino acid abundance appears to control the cycling of Gap1p from the MVE to the plasma membrane...
- Urmylation controls Nil1p and Gln3p-dependent expression of nitrogen-catabolite repressed genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMarta Rubio-Texeira
Whitehead Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 9 Cambridge Center 653, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
FEBS Lett 581:541-50. 2007..Altogether, the data presented here indicate an important role of the urmylation pathway in regulating the expression of genes involved in sensing and controlling amino acids levels...
- Lactose: the milk sugar from a biotechnological perspectiveAna C Adam
Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos, Valencia, Spain
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 44:553-7. 2004..Biotransformation of lactose, by either enzymatic or fermentative procedures, is important for different types of industrial applications in dairy and pharmaceutical industries...