David P Nguyen
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- An application of reversible-jump Markov chain Monte Carlo to spike classification of multi-unit extracellular recordingsDavid P Nguyen
Neuroscience Statistics Research Laboratory, Department of Anesthesia, Massachusetts General Hospital, Division of Health Sciences, Harvard Medical School Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Network 14:61-82. 2003..Our findings suggest that a reversible-jump MCMC algorithm could offer a new strategy for designing automated spike-sorting algorithms...
- Micro-drive array for chronic in vivo recording: tetrode assemblyDavid P Nguyen
Department of Brain and Cognitive Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
J Vis Exp . 2009....
- Instantaneous frequency and amplitude modulation of EEG in the hippocampus reveals state dependent temporal structureDavid P Nguyen
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT, Cambridge, MA USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2008:1711-5. 2008..This algorithm has the potential to be a practical tool for characterizing fundamental structure in electrophysiology data and classifying computational states in the brain...
- Measuring instantaneous frequency of local field potential oscillations using the Kalman smootherDavid P Nguyen
Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, United States
J Neurosci Methods 184:365-74. 2009..Our results suggest that iFreq and FM may be useful measures for the quantification of small timescale LFP dynamics...
- Dynamic analyses of information encoding in neural ensemblesRiccardo Barbieri
Neuroscience Statistics Research Laboratory, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neural Comput 16:277-307. 2004..These findings improve significantly on our previous results and suggest an integrated approach to dynamically reading neural codes, measuring their properties, and quantifying the accuracy with which encoded information is extracted...
- Micro-drive array for chronic in vivo recording: drive fabricationFabian Kloosterman
Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA
J Vis Exp . 2009..Further preparation of the drive array for surgical implantation, such as the fabrication of tetrodes, loading of tetrodes into the drive array and gold-plating, is covered in a subsequent video article...