Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Brief periods of nitric oxide inhalation protect against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injuryYasuko Nagasaka
Anesthesia Center for Critical Care Research, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Anesthesiology 109:675-82. 2008..Prolonged breathing of nitric oxide reduces myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury, but the precise mechanisms responsible for the cardioprotective effects of inhaled nitric oxide are incompletely understood...
- Soluble guanylate cyclase-α1 is required for the cardioprotective effects of inhaled nitric oxideYasuko Nagasaka
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine, Anesthesia Center for Critical Care Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H1477-83. 2011..The cardioprotective effects of inhaled NO require the presence of sGCα(1). Moreover, our studies suggest that BM-derived cells are key mediators of the ability of NO to reduce cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Nitric oxide regulates pulmonary vascular smooth muscle cell expression of the inducible cAMP early repressor geneAndrea U Steinbicker
Anesthesia Center for Critical Care Research, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Nitric Oxide 25:294-302. 2011..The induction of ICER in GSNO-treated RPaSMC highlights a novel cross-talk mechanism between cGMP and cAMP signaling pathways...
- Bone marrow MyD88 signaling modulates neutrophil function and ischemic myocardial injuryYan Feng
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 4 444, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C760-9. 2010..MyD88 signaling in bone marrow-derived circulating cells may play a specific and critical role in the development of myocardial I/R-induced injury...
- Functional brown adipose tissue limits cardiomyocyte injury and adverse remodeling in catecholamine-induced cardiomyopathyRobrecht Thoonen
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 84:202-11. 2015..Myocardial injury and decreased survival are rescued by transplantation of functional BAT to UCP1(-/-) mice, suggesting a systemic cardioprotective role of functional BAT. BAT is also activated in chronic ischemic cardiomyopathy...