Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chronic humoral rejection: identification of antibody-mediated chronic renal allograft rejection by C4d deposits in peritubular capillariesS Mauiyyedi
Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:574-82. 2001..C4d can be used to separate this group of CR from the nonspecific category of chronic allograft nephropathy and may have the potential to guide successful therapeutic intervention...
- Acute humoral rejection in kidney transplantation: II. Morphology, immunopathology, and pathologic classificationShamila Mauiyyedi
Pathology Service, Immunopathology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:779-87. 2002..Because AHR has a distinct therapy and prognosis, we propose that it should be classified separately from ACR, with further sub-classification into AHR 1 (neutrophilic capillary involvement) and AHR 2 (arterial fibrinoid necrosis)...
- Acute humoral rejection in renal allograft recipients: I. Incidence, serology and clinical characteristicsM Crespo
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Transplantation 71:652-8. 2001..Combined DSA testing and C4d staining provides a useful approach for the early diagnosis of AHR, a condition that often necessitates a more intensive therapeutic rescue regimen...
- Control of antidonor antibody production with tacrolimus and mycophenolate mofetil in renal allograft recipients with chronic rejectionT P Theruvath
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 72:77-83. 2001..Limitation of antidonor antibody synthesis may be important for the treatment or the prevention of chronic rejection in organ transplantation...
- Induction of molecular chimerism by gene therapy prevents antibody-mediated heart transplant rejectionJ L Bracy
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Gene Ther 8:1738-44. 2001..These data suggest that gene therapy can be used to induce immunological tolerance to defined antigens and thereby overcome transplant rejection...
- Pig kidney transplantation in baboons treated intravenously with a bovine serum albumin-Galalpha1-3Gal conjugateBernd Gollackner
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Xenotransplantation 10:606-14. 2003..The mechanism of the hepatic injury remains uncertain...
- Humoral rejection in kidney transplantation: new concepts in diagnosis and treatmentShamila Mauiyyedi
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Houston, Health Sciences Center, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 11:609-18. 2002..Antibody-mediated injury arises despite potent anti-T cell pharmacological agents, and probably requires different therapy...
- Cytomegalovirus and recurrent idiopathic membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis type 1: cause or consequence?Scott E Wenderfer
Transplantation 83:523-4. 2007
- Correlation of biochemical and hematological changes with graft failure following pig heart and kidney transplantation in baboonsChristoph Knosalla
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Transplant 3:1510-9. 2003..Noninvasive parameters were identified that have predictive potential for AHXR. Monitoring of these might enable therapeutic intervention to reverse rejection...
- Prevalence of renal cell carcinoma in patients with ESRD pre-transplantation: a pathologic analysisMark D Denton
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Kidney Int 61:2201-9. 2002..However, the prevalence of these conditions in patients undergoing transplantation, and the clinical characteristics associated with their occurrence are unclear...
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder associated with an Epstein-Barr-related virus in cynomolgus monkeysJan Schmidtko
Department of Pathology and Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Transplantation 73:1431-9. 2002..This study was designed to evaluate the frequency, pathology, and molecular characteristics of PTLD in cynomolgus kidney allograft recipients...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 4-2002. A 75-year-old man with acute renal failure five months after cystoprostatectomy and urethrectomy for carcinomaHasan Bazari
N Engl J Med 346:353-60. 2002
- BK virus-associated nephropathy in sirolimus-treated renal transplant patients: incidence, course, and clinical outcomesCarlos A Benavides
Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Transplantation 84:83-8. 2007....