Barrett T Kitch
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Systems model of physician professionalism in practiceBarrett T Kitch
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 19:1-10. 2013....
- A single measure of FEV1 is associated with risk of asthma attacks in long-term follow-upBarrett T Kitch
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Chest 126:1875-82. 2004..Clinical practice guidelines for asthma care emphasize the use of objective measures of asthma severity, and yet little data exist on the relationship between FEV(1) and asthma outcomes over long-term follow-up...
- Handoffs causing patient harm: a survey of medical and surgical house staffBarrett T Kitch
Institute for Health Policy, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 34:563-70. 2008..Resident physicians were surveyed about their handoffpractices and the frequency with which they perceive problems with handoffs lead to patient harm...
- An exploration of safety climate in nursing homesSara Singer
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Patient Saf 8:104-24. 2012..Our study assessed differences in attitudes about safety among nursing home personnel and piloted a new survey, specifically designed for the nursing home context...
- A novel approach to defining the relationship between lung function and symptom status in asthmaKaren M Kuntz
Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, 718 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 55:11-8. 2002..Functional relationships between FEV(1) percent predicted and asthma-related symptoms can be useful for inferring the effect on the symptoms of a population associated with overall improvements in lung function...
- Association between preference-based health-related quality of life and asthma severityMarilyn L Moy
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:329-34. 2004..International guidelines have been developed to guide medical management according to asthma severity defined by lung function and symptom frequency...
- Patient safety climate in hospitals: act locally on variation across unitsEric G Campbell
Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 36:319-26. 2010..A study was conducted to assess the extent and nature of variation in safety climate across units within an academic medical center...
- Residents report on adverse events and their causesReshma Jagsi
Department of Radiation Oncology, and Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:2607-13. 2005..Resident physicians are frontline providers with a unique vantage point from which to comment on patient safety-related events...
- Outcomes for Prolonged Mechanical VentilationBarrett Kitch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Focus group and physician survey work will be employed to determine at a more detailed level factors associated with utilization of long-term care hospitals, including physician attitudes and perceptions of quality of care. ..