Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Antiangiogenic therapy for glioblastomaElizabeth R Gerstner
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer J 18:45-50. 2012..Unfortunately, the response to anti-VEGF therapy is transient, and the majority of patients eventually relapsed, so more work is needed to understand the mechanisms of tumor escape...
- Primary CNS lymphomaElizabeth Gerstner
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Department of Neurology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:689-700. 2007..Patients with HIV-associated primary CNS lymphoma have a worse prognosis but may respond to highly active antiretroviral therapy, whole-brain radiation therapy or therapies directed against the Epstein-Barr virus...
- Phase I trial with biomarker studies of vatalanib (PTK787) in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma treated with enzyme inducing anti-epileptic drugs and standard radiation and temozolomideElizabeth R Gerstner
Stephen E and Catherine Pappas Center for Neuro Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Yawkey 9E, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Neurooncol 103:325-32. 2011..Vatalanib was well tolerated and this study demonstrates the safety of oral small molecule inhibitors in newly diagnosed GBM patients. Blood biomarkers may be useful as pharmacodynamic markers of response to anti-angiogenic therapies...
- Imaging and response criteria in gliomasElizabeth R Gerstner
Pappas Center for Neuro Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 22:598-603. 2010..These new techniques are increasingly being incorporated into clinical trials and even into clinical practice. Therefore, it is important to be familiar with the available imaging techniques and their potential uses versus limitations...
- Infiltrative patterns of glioblastoma spread detected via diffusion MRI after treatment with cediranibElizabeth R Gerstner
Departments of Neurology, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:466-72. 2010..ADC maps can be used to suggest regions of infiltrative tumor cells with anti-VEGF therapy and should be validated in future studies...
- Primary central nervous system lymphomaElizabeth R Gerstner
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Neurol 67:291-7. 2010..Unfortunately, although durable remissions may be achieved for some patients with PCNSL, the tumor relapses in most cases. In this review, we will focus on PCNSL in the immunocompetent host...
- Anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy for malignant gliomaElizabeth R Gerstner
Stephen E and Catherine Pappas Center for Neuro Oncology, Yawkey 9E, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 9:254-62. 2009..However, because most patients eventually relapse, more work is needed to understand mechanisms of disease escape, including vascular co-option of native brain blood vessels...
- Effect of adding temozolomide to radiation therapy on the incidence of pseudo-progressionElizabeth R Gerstner
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuro Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Yawkey 9E, Boston, 02114 MA, USA
J Neurooncol 94:97-101. 2009..Presence of psPD, independent of treatment, was associated with prolonged progression-free survival (P = 0.05) but not OS. psPD may be more common in combination therapy but most likely by a small margin...
- CNS Hodgkin lymphomaElizabeth R Gerstner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Blood 112:1658-61. 2008....
- Diffusion and diffusion tensor imaging in brain cancerElizabeth R Gerstner
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 21:141-6. 2011..DWI is increasingly being incorporated into clinical practice and clinical trials, but more work needs to be done to standardize acquisition techniques and analysis methods of DWI...
- Phase II study of cediranib, an oral pan-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with recurrent glioblastomaTracy T Batchelor
Stephen E and Catherine Pappas Center for Neuro Oncology, Yawkey 9E, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2817-23. 2010..Glioblastoma is an incurable solid tumor characterized by increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). We performed a phase II study of cediranib in patients with recurrent glioblastoma...
- Detection of oncogenic IDH1 mutations using magnetic resonance spectroscopy of 2-hydroxyglutarateOvidiu C Andronesi
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 123:3659-63. 2013..Here, we review recent efforts to translate methodology using MRS to reliably measure in vivo D-2HG into clinical research. ..
- Detection of 2-hydroxyglutarate in IDH-mutated glioma patients by in vivo spectral-editing and 2D correlation magnetic resonance spectroscopyOvidiu C Andronesi
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Sci Transl Med 4:116ra4. 2012..2HG detection by in vivo or ex vivo MRS enabled detailed molecular characterization of a clinically important subset of human gliomas. This has implications for diagnosis as well as monitoring of treatments targeting mutated IDH1...