Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Regulation of gene expression by WT1 in development and tumorigenesisLeif W Ellisen
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Int J Hematol 76:110-6. 2002..Recently, a hematopoietic model system has been used to study functional properties of WT1 in vitro. WT1 expression in primary hematopoietic cells leads to stage-specific effects that may be relevant to WT1-mediated tumor suppression...
- Rapid targeted mutational analysis of human tumours: a clinical platform to guide personalized cancer medicineDora Dias-Santagata
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
EMBO Mol Med 2:146-58. 2010..This work therefore establishes a platform for real-time targeted genotyping that can be widely adopted. We expect that efforts like this one will play an increasingly important role in cancer management...
- Preoperative therapy with trastuzumab and paclitaxel followed by sequential adjuvant doxorubicin/cyclophosphamide for HER2 overexpressing stage II or III breast cancer: a pilot studyHarold J Burstein
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:46-53. 2003..We conducted a pilot study of preoperative trastuzumab and paclitaxel, followed by surgery and adjuvant doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide chemotherapy in earlier stage breast cancer...
- BRCA1-associated epigenetic regulation of p73 mediates an effector pathway for chemosensitivity in ovarian carcinomaNageatte Ibrahim
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 70:7155-65. 2010..TAp73 might represent a response predictor and potential therapeutic target for enhancing chemosensitivity in this disease...
- p63 and p73: life and death in squamous cell carcinomaJames W Rocco
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cell Cycle 5:936-40. 2006..Specific chemotherapeutic agents and future targeted approaches may be able to exploit this pathway to therapeutic advantage...
- p63 regulates an adhesion programme and cell survival in epithelial cellsDanielle K Carroll
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:551-61. 2006..Our results implicate p63 as a key regulator of cellular adhesion and survival in basal cells of the mammary gland and other stratified epithelial tissues...
- Bcl-2 blocks cisplatin-induced apoptosis and predicts poor outcome following chemoradiation treatment in advanced oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaWilliam A Michaud
Massachusetts General Hospital MGH Cancer Center, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:1645-54. 2009....
- p63 mediates survival in squamous cell carcinoma by suppression of p73-dependent apoptosisJames W Rocco
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Cancer Research and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Cell 9:45-56. 2006..Together, these data define a pathway whereby deltaNp63alpha promotes survival in squamous epithelial malignancy by repressing a p73-dependent proapoptotic transcriptional program...
- Hypoxia regulates TSC1/2-mTOR signaling and tumor suppression through REDD1-mediated 14-3-3 shuttlingMaurice Phillip DeYoung
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Genes Dev 22:239-51. 2008..Together, these findings define a molecular mechanism of signal integration by TSC1/2 that provides insight into the ability of REDD1 to function in a hypoxia-dependent tumor suppressor pathway...
- Reciprocal intraepithelial interactions between TP63 and hedgehog signaling regulate quiescence and activation of progenitor elaboration by mammary stem cellsNa Li
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, 7650 Remsen, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Stem Cells 26:1253-64. 2008..These studies support a model in which hedgehog activates elaboration and differentiation of mammary progenitors via differential TP63 promoter selection and forfeiture of self-renewing capacity...
- REDD1, a developmentally regulated transcriptional target of p63 and p53, links p63 to regulation of reactive oxygen speciesLeif W Ellisen
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Cell 10:995-1005. 2002..Thus, REDD1 encodes a shared transcriptional target that implicates ROS in the p53-dependent DNA damage response and in p63-mediated regulation of epithelial differentiation...
- The p63/p73 network mediates chemosensitivity to cisplatin in a biologically defined subset of primary breast cancersChee Onn Leong
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Invest 117:1370-80. 2007....
- TELOMERASE FUNCTIONS IN DIFFERENTIATION & TRANSFORMATIONLEIF ELLISEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work should further our understanding of the how events at the telomere regulate normal and malignant cell growth. ..