Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Rationale, design, and baseline characteristics in Evaluation of LIXisenatide in Acute Coronary Syndrome, a long-term cardiovascular end point trial of lixisenatide versus placeboRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Department of Medicine Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Electronic address
Am Heart J 169:631-638.e7. 2015..The glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor agonist, lixisenatide, improves glycemia, but its effects on CV events have not been thoroughly evaluated...
- Late cardiovascular consequences of gestational diabetes mellitusRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Semin Reprod Med 27:322-9. 2009..In addition, studies evidencing CVD in women with a history of GDM will be explored...
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: postpartum opportunities for the diagnosis and prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitusRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 4:552-8. 2008..In addition, we describe measures to prevent the onset of T2DM in women with a history of GDM, focusing on lifestyle modifications, such as diet and breast-feeding...
- The metabolic syndrome in womenRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:696-704. 2007..This article provides a review of diagnostic and therapeutic issues that clinicians should consider when caring for women at risk for developing or diagnosed with the metabolic syndrome...
- MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS SUBSEQUENT TO GESTATIONAL DIABETES MELLITUS DIFFER BY RACE/ETHNICITYRebecca Walmer
Medicine Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Depress Anxiety 32:774-82. 2015..Additionally, race/ethnicity data are limited. We sought to elucidate the intersection of these relationships...
- Effect of race/ethnicity on hypertension risk subsequent to gestational diabetes mellitusRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 113:1364-70. 2014..Because the present study may have had limited power to detect effects among black and Asian women with GDM, further research is warranted to elucidate the need for enhanced hypertension risk surveillance in these young women...
- Body mass index predicts aldosterone production in normotensive adults on a high-salt dietRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Division of Endocrinology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4472-5. 2007..The mechanisms underlying obesity-mediated cardiovascular disease are not fully understood. Aldosterone and insulin resistance both are associated with obesity and cardiovascular disease...
- Elevated dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate levels as the reproductive phenotype in the brothers of women with polycystic ovary syndromeRichard S Legro
Division of Women s Health, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2134-8. 2002..Balding was not increased in the brothers of women with PCOS. We conclude that there is a biochemical reproductive endocrine phenotype in men in PCOS families...
- Ovarian hypertension: polycystic ovary syndromeRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Diabetes Research Center and Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford Street, Suite 301, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 40:433-49, ix-x. 2011....
- Lactation after normal pregnancy is not associated with blood glucose fluctuationsRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Hypertension, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes Care 30:2792-3. 2007
- Hypertension Risk Subsequent to Gestational Dysglycemia Is Modified by Race/EthnicityRhonda Bentley-Lewis
From the Medicine Diabetes Unit R B L, J H, S L and Medicine Division of Nephrology J W, R T, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Hypertension 67:223-8. 2016..Further research on the implications of the intersection of race/ethnicity and gestational dysglycemia on subsequent hypertension is warranted. ..
- Metabolomic profiling in the prediction of gestational diabetes mellitusRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Department of Medicine Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Bulfinch 4 415, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
Diabetologia 58:1329-32. 2015..Because gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) shares pathophysiological similarities with type 2 diabetes, the metabolite profile predictive of type 2 diabetes could potentially identify women who will develop GDM...
- Insulin resistance in the sisters of women with polycystic ovary syndrome: association with hyperandrogenemia rather than menstrual irregularityRichard S Legro
Division of Women s Health, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2128-33. 2002..Menstrual irregularity may be related to the magnitude of insulin sensitivity or insulin secretion or to other factors associated with obesity...
- Prevalence of Intervillous Thrombi Is Increased in Placentas from Pregnancies Complicated by DiabetesKristen M Basnet
1 Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 19:502-505. 2016..This is the first report of an association between diabetes and an increased incidence of placental IVT...
- Type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes mellitus differentially impact placental pathologic characteristics of uteroplacental malperfusionJennifer Huynh
Medicine Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
Placenta 36:1161-6. 2015..During a pregnancy complicated by diabetes, the placenta undergoes a number of functional and structural pathologic changes. However, differences across studies may reflect pathophysiologic differences of diabetes types under investigation...
- Central aortic pulsatile hemodynamics in obese premenopausal womenNadia Ounis-Skali
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Soc Hypertens 1:341-6. 2007..When aortic remodeling and compensation for increased hemodynamic demands are limited by environmental or genetic interference, hypertension or CVD may result...
- Dietary sodium alters the prevalence of electrocardiogram determined left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensionAnand Vaidya
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Hypertens 22:669-73. 2009..Dietary sodium and HTN are both associated with unfavorable alterations in left ventricular mass, however, to what extent their interplay affects ECG screening for LVH is unclear...
- The renin-aldosterone response to stimulation and suppression during normal pregnancyRhonda Bentley-Lewis
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Hypertens Pregnancy 24:1-16. 2005..The aims of this study were to examine the RAAS response to stimulation by upright posture and suppression by saline infusion and to investigate the PRA-Aldo dissociation under these two conditions...
- Dyslipidemia and metabolic syndrome in the sisters of women with polycystic ovary syndromeSusan Sam
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Tarry Building 15 709, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4797-802. 2005..Dyslipidemia is a feature of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), but its pathogenesis remains controversial...