Carol M Mason
- Niacin-a critical component to the management of atherosclerosis: contemporary management of dyslipidemia to prevent, reduce, or reverse atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseaseCarol M Mason
Cardiology Division, Lifelink Healthcare Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 27:303-16. 2012..Clinicians are uniquely positioned to provide such counseling to appropriate patients for niacin treatment and hence encourage wider use of this important and necessary cardioprotective medication...
- The nurse practitioner's role in helping patients achieve lipid goals with statin therapyCarol M Mason
Department of Family Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 17:256-62. 2005....
- Venous thromboembolism: a chronic illnessCarol Mason
Lifelink Healthcare Institute, Tampa, Florida 33606, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 24:S4-7. 2009..By doing so, morbidity and mortality from this common disorder can be minimized...
- Prescription omega-3s: an overview for nurse practitionersCarol M Mason
Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology, Lifelink Healthcare Institute, Cardiology Division, 1547 Winding Willow Dr, Trinity, FL 34655, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 26:290-7. 2011..Nurse practitioners play an important role in the treatment of severe hypertriglyceridemia and in the education of patients about lifestyle and diet changes that can greatly impact patients' health...
- Preventing coronary heart disease and stroke with aggressive statin therapy in older adults using a team management modelCarol M Mason
Division of Preventive Cardiology, USF Heart Health, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 21:47-53. 2009..S. population who are at high risk for cardiovascular events including stroke...
- Managing the spectrum of dyslipidemia in primary careCarol M Mason
Heart and Lipid Institute of Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
J Vasc Nurs 21:81-9; quiz 90-1. 2003....
- Tailoring patient careCarol M Mason
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:11-4. 2007