Kinsley K Kiningham
Affiliation: Marshall University
- IkappaBalpha (inhibitory kappaBalpha) identified as labile repressor of MnSOD (manganese superoxide dismutase) expressionKelley K Kiningham
Department of Pharmacology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, 1542 Spring Valley Road, Huntington, WV 25704, USA
Biochem J 384:543-9. 2004....
- All-trans-retinoic acid induces manganese superoxide dismutase in human neuroblastoma through NF-kappaBKinsley K Kiningham
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology, and Toxicology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV 25755, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 44:1610-6. 2008..These results suggest that signaling events involving NF-kappaB and SOD2 may contribute to the effects of retinoids used in cancer therapy...
- Pyruvate reduces 4-aminophenol in vitro toxicityR Christopher Harmon
Department of Pharmacology, Marshall University Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, 1542 Spring Valley Drive, Huntington, WV 25704 9388, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 213:179-86. 2006..These results indicate that pyruvate provided protection for PAP toxicity by providing an energy substrate and reducing oxidative stress...
- Progestin inhibition of cell death in human breast cancer cell linesMichael R Moore
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV 25755, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 98:218-27. 2006....
- Progestin stimulation of manganese superoxide dismutase and invasive properties in T47D human breast cancer cellsAaron K Holley
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV 25755 9320, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 117:23-30. 2009..To our knowledge, this is the first characterization of progestin stimulation of MnSOD in human breast cancer cells...
- Redox balance influences differentiation status of neuroblastoma in the presence of all-trans retinoic acidAnne M Silvis
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Toxicology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV 25755, USA
Redox Biol 7:88-96. 2016....
- Mitochondrial mediated thimerosal-induced apoptosis in a human neuroblastoma cell line (SK-N-SH)Michelle L Humphrey
Department of Pharmacology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV 25704 9388, USA
Neurotoxicology 26:407-16. 2005..Taken together these findings suggest deleterious effects on the cytoarchitecture by thimerosal and initiation of mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis...
- Time-dependent effect of p-aminophenol (PAP) toxicity in renal slices and development of oxidative stressR Christopher Harmon
Department of Pharmacology, Marshall University, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, 1542 Spring Valley Drive Huntington, WV 25704 9388, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 209:86-94. 2005..PAP induces oxidative stress as indicated by an increase in GSSG and 4-HNE-adducted proteins. Ascorbic acid pretreatment prevents PAP toxicity by maintaining GSH status...
- The protective roles of nitric oxide and superoxide dismutase in adriamycin-induced cardiotoxicityMarsha P Cole
Graduate Centers for Toxicology and Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 464 Health Sciences Research Building, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Cardiovasc Res 69:186-97. 2006..Because nitric oxide (*NO) reacts with O2*-, generating peroxynitrite, we hypothesized that decreased *NO production would lead to protection in acute cardiac injury...
- Mechanism of Thimerosal Induced NeurotoxicityKINSLEY KININGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..This project will generate mechanistic data on thimerosal neurotoxicity and potentially identify specific targets for pharmacological intervention. ..