Affiliation: Marquette University
- Second-stage labor care: challenges in spontaneous bearing downLisa Hanson
Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 23:31-9; quiz 40-1. 2009..Even with clinical challenges, evidence-based care can help achieve the improved outcomes documented from women's spontaneous bearing-down efforts during the second stage...
- A critical appraisal of guidelines for antenatal care: components of care and priorities in prenatal educationLisa Hanson
Marquette University College of Nursing, Clark Hall, 363, PO Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 54:458-68. 2009..More attention to gaps in current research is important for the development of comprehensive prenatal guidelines that contribute effectively to the long-term health and well-being of women, families, and their communities...
- Balancing the scale: directions for future research for perinatal advanced practice nursesLisa Hanson
Marquette University, College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 25:133-8. 2011..Advanced practice nurses are encouraged to be actively involved in perinatal research, to help confront and reduce health disparities, and to apply evidence in practice, broadly promoting wellness for women and their families...
- Pushing for changeLisa Hanson
Marquette University College of Nursing, Nurse Midwifery Program, Milwaukee, Wis, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 20:282-4. 2006
- Rh negative status and isoimmunization update: a case-based approach to careKathryn Shisler Harrod
Nurse Midwifery Program, Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 17:166-78; quiz 179-80. 2003..Current information about fetal and neonatal care of erythroblastosis fetalis and immune hydrops is also presented...
- Impact of self-hypnosis in women on select physiologic and psychological parametersLeona VandeVusse
Marquette University Nurse Midwifery Program, P O Box 1881, Clark Hall, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:159-68. 2010..To examine physiologic and psychologic effects of hypnosis in healthy women...
- Medical students' knowledge of midwifery practice after didactic and clinical exposureLisa Hanson
Marquette University College of Nursing, Nursre Midwifery Program, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 50:44-50. 2005..Collaborative, interdisciplinary education of medical students appeared to promote improved understanding of roles and capabilities...
- Couples' views of the effects of natural family planning on marital dynamicsLeona Vande Vusse
Nurse Midwifery Program, College of Nursing, Marquette University, P O Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 35:171-6. 2003..Natural Family Planning (NFP) requires periodic abstinence and partner cooperation to prevent pregnancy. The aim of this study was to learn about the effects of modern NFP methods on marital relationships...