Julie A Huber
Affiliation: Marine Biological Laboratory
- Microbiological characterization of post-eruption "snowblower" vents at Axial Seamount, Juan de Fuca RidgeJulie L Meyer
Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Biological Laboratory Woods Hole, MA, USA
Front Microbiol 4:153. 2013..These eruptive events thus provide a unique opportunity to observe subseafloor microbial communities...
- Effect of PCR amplicon size on assessments of clone library microbial diversity and community structureJulie A Huber
Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Environ Microbiol 11:1292-302. 2009....
- Microbial life in ridge flank crustal fluidsJulie A Huber
University of Washington, School of Oceanography, Center for Astrobiology and Early Evolution, Box 357940 Seattle, 98195, USA
Environ Microbiol 8:88-99. 2006..This report further supports the presence of an indigenous microbial community in ridge flank crustal fluids and advances our understanding of the potential physiological and phylogenetic diversity of this community...
- Microbial population structures in the deep marine biosphereJulie A Huber
Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Biological Laboratory, 7 MBL Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Science 318:97-100. 2007....
- Isolated communities of Epsilonproteobacteria in hydrothermal vent fluids of the Mariana Arc seamountsJulie A Huber
Marine Biological Laboratory, Josephine Bay Paul Center, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 73:538-49. 2010..This suggests that there may be barriers to exchange and dispersal for these vent endemic microorganisms at hydrothermal seamounts of the Mariana Arc...
- Microbial diversity in the deep sea and the underexplored "rare biosphere"Mitchell L Sogin
Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole, 7 MBL Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12115-20. 2006..Members of the rare biosphere are highly divergent from each other and, at different times in earth's history, may have had a profound impact on shaping planetary processes...
- Temporal changes in archaeal diversity and chemistry in a mid-ocean ridge subseafloor habitatJulie A Huber
School of Oceanography and Astrobiology Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1585-94. 2002....
- Exploring microbial diversity and taxonomy using SSU rRNA hypervariable tag sequencingSusan M Huse
Josephine Bay Paul Center for Comparative Molecular Biology and Evolution, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000255. 2008..This technique allows the cost-effective exploration of changes in microbial community structure, including the rare biosphere, over space and time and can be applied immediately to initiatives, such as the Human Microbiome Project...
- Incidence of novel and potentially archaeal nitrogenase genes in the deep Northeast Pacific OceanMausmi P Mehta
University of Washington, School of Oceanography, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Environ Microbiol 7:1525-34. 2005..We propose that these unique nifH genes may be localized to archaea that circulate through the nitrogen-poor subseafloor at the mid-ocean ridge as part of their life cycle...
- Host-specificity among abundant and rare taxa in the sponge microbiomeJulie Reveillaud
Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA, USA
ISME J 8:1198-209. 2014....
- Growth kinetics and energetics of a deep-sea hyperthermophilic methanogen under varying environmental conditionsHelene C Ver Eecke
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 01003, USA
Environ Microbiol Rep 5:665-71. 2013..Our approach contributes to refining bioenergetic and carbon flux models for methanogens and other organisms in hydrothermal vents and other environments...
- Accuracy and quality of massively parallel DNA pyrosequencingSusan M Huse
Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole, MBL Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Genome Biol 8:R143. 2007....
- Strain-level genomic variation in natural populations of Lebetimonas from an erupting deep-sea volcanoJulie L Meyer
Marine Biological Laboratory, Josephine Bay Paul Center, Woods Hole, MA, USA
ISME J 8:867-80. 2014....
- Subseafloor microbial communities in hydrogen-rich vent fluids from hydrothermal systems along the Mid-Cayman RiseJulie Reveillaud
Marine Biological Laboratory, Josephine Bay Paul Center, 7 MBL Street, Woods Hole, MA, 02543, USA
Environ Microbiol 18:1970-87. 2016..Results are compared with hydrothermal sites worldwide to provide a global perspective on the distinctiveness of these newly discovered sites and the interplay among rocks, fluid composition and life in the subseafloor. ..