Joe Leigh Simpson
Affiliation: March of Dimes
- Birth defects and assisted reproductive technologiesJoe Leigh Simpson
March of Dimes, 1275 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605, USA Electronic address
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 19:177-82. 2014..There is no additive risk in ART twins compared with non-ART twins, nor in embryos having been cryopreserved. The increased risk observed had not appeared to dissuade couples from attempting to have their own children. ..
- Cell-free fetal DNA and maternal serum analytes for monitoring embryonic and fetal statusJoe Leigh Simpson
March of Dimes Foundation, White Plains, New York 10605, USA
Fertil Steril 99:1124-34. 2013..Such detection rates are substantively higher than with maternal serum analytes, and are accompanied by a much lower (<1%) false-positive rate...
- Prenatal diagnosis and 47,XXYJoe Leigh Simpson
March of Dimes Foundation, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 163:64-70. 2013..A further consideration is that ability of array CGH to detect microdeletions or microduplications below resolution of a karyotype could make return to direct testing using an invasive procedure attractive...
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis to improve pregnancy outcomes in subfertilityJoe Leigh Simpson
March of Dimes Foundation, White Plains, NY, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 26:805-15. 2012..Current recommendations are for obligatory 24 chromosome testing, most readily using array comparative genome hybridisation...
- Invasive procedures for prenatal diagnosis: any future left?Joe Leigh Simpson
March of Dimes Foundation, White Plains, NY 10605, United States
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 26:625-38. 2012..Application of cell-free fetal DNA for aneuploidy screening may or may not narrow this difference. Irrespective, invasive procedures are currently required for application of array comparative genome hybridisation...
- Integration of microarray technology into prenatal diagnosis: counselling issues generated during the NICHD clinical trialRonald J Wapner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Prenat Diagn 32:396-400. 2012..Of equal import is additional research into patient attitudes and desires, and a better understanding of the full phenotypic spectrum of copy number variants discovered in utero...