- Long-Term Outcomes of Short-Term Statin Use in Healthy Adults: A Retrospective Cohort StudyIshak A Mansi
Medicine Services, VA North Texas Health Care System, 4500 S Lancaster Rd 111E, Dallas, TX, 75216, USA
Drug Saf 39:543-59. 2016..Data suggest that the beneficial cardiovascular effects of statins are maximized after the first year of statin use; yet, the timeline of statin-associated adverse events is not well delineated...
- Statins in Primary Prevention: Uncertainties and Gaps in Randomized Trial DataIshak A Mansi
Department of Medicine, VA North Texas Health System, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 16:407-418. 2016..An understanding of the deficiencies of individual RCTs of statins in primary prevention is important in creating a patient-specific therapeutic clinical decision and in tailoring future research...
- Statins and New-Onset Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetic Complications: A Retrospective Cohort Study of US Healthy AdultsIshak Mansi
Department of Medicine, VA North Texas Health System, 4500 S Lancaster Rd 111E, Dallas, TX, USA
J Gen Intern Med 30:1599-610. 2015..Data on the long-term effects of these associations in healthy adults, however, are very limited. In addition, the relationship between these effects and diabetic complications has not been adequately studied...
- Outpatient antibiotic prescribing in the United States: 2000 to 2010Grace C Lee
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
BMC Med 12:96. 2014....
- Between two worldsIshak A Mansi
Department of Medicine and Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Outcomes and Health services Research, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 94:442-3. 2014..To reflect on the challenges of caring for an elderly ill parent who lives afar and to pronounce the importance of system-wide standards in nursing homes and elderly care...
- Statins and musculoskeletal conditions, arthropathies, and injuriesIshak Mansi
Department of Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:1-10. 2013..Statin use may be associated with increased musculoskeletal adverse events, especially in physically active individuals...
- Psychologic disorders and statin use: a propensity score-matched analysisIshak Mansi
Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Pharmacotherapy 33:615-26. 2013..To evaluate the association between statin therapy and the risk of psychologic disorders including schizophrenia, psychosis, major depression, and bipolar disorder in a military population...
- Association of statin use with cataracts: a propensity score-matched analysisJessica Leuschen
Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgery Center, San Antonio, Texas2San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:1427-34. 2013..Investigators have previously hypothesized that statin antioxidant effects may slow the natural aging process of the lens...
- Statins and male sexual health: a retrospective cohort analysisRichard Davis
Department of Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA
J Sex Med 12:158-67. 2015..Others suggest that statins might be associated with sexual dysfunction through negative effects on hormone levels...
- Association of Statin Therapy and Risks of Cholelithiasis, Biliary Tract Diseases, and Gallbladder Procedures: Retrospective Cohort Analysis of a US PopulationDonald Martin
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Pharmacother 50:161-71. 2016..Statin medications decrease hepatic cholesterol biosynthesis and may, therefore, lower the risk of cholesterol cholelithiasis by reducing the cholesterol concentration in the bile. Population-based evidence, however, is sparse...
- Association of statins and risk of fractures in a military health system: a propensity score-matched analysisIan M Ward
San Antonio Military Medical Center and the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Consortium, Ft Sam Houston, TX, USA
Ann Pharmacother 48:1406-14. 2014..Contradictory evidence exists regarding statin use and risk of osteoporotic fractures...
- Frequency of development of connective tissue disease in statin-users versus nonusersThomas Schmidt
Rheumatology Department, San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Am J Cardiol 112:883-8. 2013..80; 95% confidence interval: 0.64 to 0.99; p = 0.05). Secondary analysis and sensitivity analysis confirmed these results. In conclusion, statin use was associated with a lower risk of CTD...
- The association of statin use and gonado-sexual function in women: a retrospective cohort analysisSayed K Ali
Department of Medicine, VA South Texas Health Care System, San Antonio, TX, USA Division of Hospital Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Sex Med 12:83-92. 2015..Few studies have evaluated the clinical effects of statins on gonadal-sexual function in women...
- Comparison of frequency of inflammatory bowel disease and noninfectious gastroenteritis among statin users versus nonusersDina Khalil
Urology Department, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, Texas
Am J Cardiol 115:1396-401. 2015..02, 95% confidence interval = 0.91 to 1.15). In conclusion, the risks of inflammatory bowel diseases and noninfectious gastroenteritis among statin users and nonusers are similar after adjusting for other potential confounding factors...