Robert L Trowbridge
Affiliation: Maine Medical Center
- Twelve tips for teaching avoidance of diagnostic errorsRobert L Trowbridge
Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine 04102, USA ME 04102 USA
Med Teach 30:496-500. 2008..Most medical students and physician trainees receive little instruction regarding both the root causes of diagnostic errors and how to avoid such errors...
- The effect of helical computed tomography on diagnostic and treatment strategies in patients with suspected pulmonary embolismRobert L Trowbridge
Departments of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Med 116:84-90. 2004..Helical computed tomography (CT) has been proposed as a first-line test for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. How the test affects the diagnostic evaluation of patients with suspected pulmonary embolism is unknown...
- A systematic review of the use and effectiveness of the Objective Structured Teaching EncounterRobert L Trowbridge
Department of Medical Education, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME 04102, USA
Med Teach 33:893-903. 2011..The Objective Structured Teaching Encounter (OSTE) has been proposed as a means of promoting and assessing the teaching skills of medical faculty...
- Helical CT pulmonary angiography predictors of in-hospital morbidity and mortality in patients with acute pulmonary embolismPhilip A Araoz
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Thorac Imaging 18:207-16. 2003..To determine if CT variables predict in-hospital morbidity and mortality in patients with pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Impact of reliance on CT pulmonary angiography on diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: a Bayesian analysisSumant R Ranji
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0131, USA
J Hosp Med 1:81-7. 2006..Although CTPA-based diagnostic algorithms focus on minimizing the false-negative rate, we hypothesized that increasing use of CTPA also might lead to false-positive diagnoses...
- Unfreezing the Flexnerian Model: introducing longitudinal integrated clerkships in rural communitiesRobert G Bing-You
Medical Education, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
Rural Remote Health 14:2944. 2014..This research sought to investigate the perspective of rural physicians on the introduction of a rurally based nine-month Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (LIC)...
- Educational agenda for diagnostic error reductionRobert L Trowbridge
Department of Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 22:ii28-ii32. 2013..Implementation will need to be accompanied by rigorous evaluation. ..