Kathleen M Fairfield
Affiliation: Maine Medical Center
- Decisions about medication use and cancer screening across age groups in the United StatesKathleen M Fairfield
Department of Medicine And Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Portland, Maine, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 98:338-43. 2015..To describe decision process and quality for common cancer screening and medication decisions by age group...
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy among women in the Medicare population with epithelial ovarian cancerKathleen M Fairfield
Center of Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, USA Department of Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, USA Electronic address
Gynecol Oncol 134:473-7. 2014..Little is known about the use of this therapy in the Medicare population...
- Disparities in hospice care among older women dying with ovarian cancerKathleen M Fairfield
Center of Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, ME, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:14-8. 2012..However, little is known about the ovarian cancer patient population specifically. We examined the extent and timing of hospice referrals in ovarian cancer patients over age 65, and the factors associated with these outcomes...
- Use of a computerized risk-appraisal instrument for cancer prevention education of medical studentsKathleen M Fairfield
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Cancer Educ 17:183-5. 2002..Interactive computer-based tools are increasingly used for patient and medical student instruction...
- A prospective study of dietary lactose and ovarian cancerKathleen M Fairfield
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Cancer 110:271-7. 2004..Our findings provide some support for the hypothesis that lactose intake increases risk of epithelial ovarian cancer. However, the observed excess risk appeared limited to the serous subtype of ovarian cancer in our study...
- Breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening rates amongst female Cambodian, Somali, and Vietnamese immigrants in the USAPonnila S Samuel
Department of Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
Int J Equity Health 8:30. 2009..Our objective was to assess breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening rates among immigrant women from Cambodia, Somalia, and Vietnam and explore screening barriers...
- Regional variation in cancer-directed surgery and mortality among women with epithelial ovarian cancer in the Medicare populationKathleen M Fairfield
Center of Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine 04102, USA
Cancer 116:4840-8. 2010..Regional differences in health services can point to disparities in access to healthcare. The authors performed a population-based cohort study to examine differences in ovarian cancer treatment and mortality according to geographic region...
- Completion of adjuvant chemotherapy and use of health services for older women with epithelial ovarian cancerKathleen M Fairfield
Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME 04102, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:3921-6. 2011..This analysis identifies factors associated with completion of adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with ovarian cancer and subsequent use of health services...
- Colon cancer risk counseling by health-care providers: perceived barriers and response to an internet-based cancer risk appraisal instrumentKathleen M Fairfield
Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME 04102, USA
J Cancer Educ 19:95-7. 2004..Risk appraisal instruments may be helpful in reinforcing prevention messages, although little is known about physician acceptance of such instruments...
- Aspirin, other NSAIDs, and ovarian cancer risk (United States)Kathleen M Fairfield
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 3rd Floor, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 13:535-42. 2002..We sought to evaluate the association between ovarian cancer risk and use of aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories...
- Obesity, weight gain, and ovarian cancerKathleen M Fairfield
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:288-96. 2002..To investigate how adipose tissue alters endogenous hormone levels and may affect events at the ovarian tissue level...
- Association of oral contraceptive use, other contraceptive methods, and infertility with ovarian cancer riskShelley S Tworoger
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 166:894-901. 2007..Furthermore, tubal ligation, intrauterine device use, and infertility were associated with ovarian cancer risk...
- Vitamins for chronic disease prevention in adults: clinical applicationsRobert H Fletcher
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, 133 Brookline Ave, Sixth Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
JAMA 287:3127-9. 2002....