Affiliation: Loyola University Medical Center
- Cellular basis of tissue regeneration by omentumShivanee Shah
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38368. 2012..Based on these data, we propose that the omentum is a designated organ for tissue repair and healing in response to foreign invasion and tissue damage...
- Potential of targeting TGF-β for organ transplant patientsMakio Iwashima
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Future Med Chem 5:281-9. 2013..This review will focus on the role of TGF-β in T cell differentiation and discuss the prospect of TGF-β as the therapeutic target of lung transplantation acceptance...
- Inhibition of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis through pre-treatment with collagen type VRuedi K Braun
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:873-80. 2010..We hypothesized that intravenous injection of colV inhibits development of lung fibrosis in a bleomycin-induced lung injury mouse model...
- TGF-β converts apoptotic stimuli into the signal for Th9 differentiationMariko Takami
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Immunol 188:4369-75. 2012..Together, the data demonstrate a novel role for TGF-β in the homeostasis of regulatory T cells and effector T cell differentiation and expansion...
- Ontogeny and localization of the cells produce IL-2 in healthy animalsMutsumi Yamamoto
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Loyola University Chicago, 2160 South First Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Cytokine 61:831-41. 2013..The data suggest that a group of Tr1 cells have addition roles in immune homeostasis by producing IL-2 along with other cytokines and help maintaining Tregs...
- Cutting Edge: AhR Is a Molecular Target of Calcitriol in Human T CellsMariko Takami
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153
J Immunol 195:2520-3. 2015..The data show a novel link between vitamin D and two key transcription factors involved in T cell differentiation. ..
- THRESHOLD CONTROL FOR T CELL ANTIGEN RECEPTORMakio Iwashima; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will provide key information to understand the etiology of autoimmune diseases and its prevention and treatment and will contribute to establish the procedure to provoke anti-cancer immune responses. ..
- Aging effect on PLD Signaling in T CellsMakio Iwashima; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will determine the factor that causes such imbalance of immune cells in the elderly in this study. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Spatial control of Ca2+ signals in lymphocytesMakio Iwashima; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together, the data indicates that Repsl plays an essential role in lymphocyte activation. In this study, we will analyze the detailed mechanism of Repsl function in vitro and its biological significance in vivo. ..