RICHARD ALLEN SCRIBNER
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Alcohol prevention on college campuses: the moderating effect of the alcohol environment on the effectiveness of social norms marketing campaignsRichard A Scribner
Epidemiology Section, School of Public Health, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1615 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:232-9. 2011..This study examines whether the effectiveness of such campaigns may be moderated by on-premise alcohol outlet density in the surrounding community...
- An ecological analysis of alcohol-outlet density and campus-reported violence at 32 U.S. collegesRichard A Scribner
Epidemiology Program, School of Public Health, Louisiana State University, Health Sciences Center, Suite 1400, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:184-91. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess the relationships among campus violence, student drinking levels, and the physical availability of alcohol at off-campus outlets in a multisite design...
- Misspecification of the effect of race in fixed effects models of health inequalitiesRICHARD ALLEN SCRIBNER
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, School of Public Health, New Orleans, LA 70112, United States
Soc Sci Med 69:1584-91. 2009....
- A systems approach to college drinking: development of a deterministic model for testing alcohol control policiesRichard Scribner
Louisiana State University, New Orleans, 70112, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 70:805-21. 2009..Toward this end, the successful development of a predictive mathematical model of college drinking would represent a significant advance for prevention efforts...
- Geospatial methods for identification of core groups for HIV/AIDSRichard A Scribner
Epidemiology Program, LSU School of Public Health, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Subst Use Misuse 43:203-21. 2008..We employ spatial analytic methods in an attempt to identify the geographic distribution of the core HIV/AIDS group...
- The contextual role of alcohol outlet density in college drinkingRichard Scribner
Louisiana State University School of Public Health, Epidemiology Program, 2120 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, Louisana 70122, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:112-20. 2008..The objective of the study is to examine the relationship between the physical availability of off-campus alcohol and drinking outcomes among college students...
- Determinants of social capital indicators at the neighborhood level: a longitudinal analysis of loss of off-sale alcohol outlets and votingRichard Scribner
Louisiana State University School of Public Health, 2021 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70122, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:934-43. 2007..e., the loss of off-sale alcohol outlets) resulted in a subsequent change in a potential indicator of social capital-civic engagement-as measured by voting rates...
- Hierarchical additive modeling of nonlinear association with spatial correlations--an application to relate alcohol outlet density and neighborhood assault ratesQingzhao Yu
Biostatistics Program, School of Public Health, LSU Health Science Center, 1615 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, U S A
Stat Med 28:1896-912. 2009..The proposed method is applied to the Los Angeles assault data (1990-1999). To assess the efficiency of the method, the results are compared with those obtained from a hierarchical linear model...
- Hierarchical modeling and other spatial analyses in prostate cancer incidence dataFrances J Mather
Department of Biostatistics, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Prev Med 30:S88-100. 2006..The purpose of this article is to describe a general methodological approach that potentially might be a starting point for many cancer registry spatial analyses at the county level...
- Fast food, race/ethnicity, and income: a geographic analysisJason P Block
Tulane University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:211-7. 2004..In this paper, the geographic distribution of fast food restaurants is examined relative to neighborhood sociodemographics...
- A multisite randomized trial of social norms marketing campaigns to reduce college student drinkingWilliam DeJong
Boston University School of Public Health, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Youth Alcohol Prevention Center, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:868-79. 2006..The SNM campaigns are intended to correct misperceptions of subjective drinking norms and thereby drive down alcohol consumption...
- College Alcohol Environmental and College DrinkingRichard Scribner; Fiscal Year: 2007..The project represents an initial effort at understanding the relative importance of campus/community level factors in impacting college drinking outcomes. Such knowledge is essential for the development of effective prevention efforts. ..
- Neighborhood Environment and Alcohol Health DisparitiesRichard Scribner; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Multilevel Exploration of Obesity Risk of Cancer PreventionRichard Scribner; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. To assess the ecologic relation between high prevalence of overweight and obesity and the high incidence of overweight and obesity related cancers at the census tract level. ..
- Changes in Alcohol Availability and HIV RatesRichard Scribner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Study Hypothesis 2: Changes in alcohol outlet density at the census tract level will explain a significant amount of the trend in HIV/AIDS and gonorrhea rates over the study period. ..
- Ecological Modeling of College DrinkingRichard Scribner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Objective 4: To test study hypotheses with the resulting process-based models using an experimental system that requires successful prediction of college drinking outcomes replicated across multiple colleges. ..