Diego H Aviles
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Decreased expression of T-cell NF-kappaB p65 subunit in steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeDiego H Aviles
LSU Health Sciences Center Department of Pediatrics and The Tumor Immunology Program, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Kidney Int 66:60-7. 2004..Steroid resistance is considered a poor prognostic sign but the mechanism of the resistance is unknown. The study examined the potential role of T-cell nuclear transcription factors in the steroid resistance...
- T cell CD3 receptor zeta (TCRzeta)-chain expression in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeDiego H Aviles
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:769-73. 2009..Therefore, a decreased expression of the TCRzeta chain may explain the abnormal function of T cells in patients with INS, and it may also contribute to the increased risk for infections seen in these patients...
- False-positive human immunodeficiency virus antibody test in a dialysis patientDouglas M Silverstein
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, LA 70112, New Orleans, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 19:547-9. 2004..Throughout this period and thereafter, the patient has exhibited no symptoms of HIV infection...
- Treatment of primary and secondary hypertension in childrenDouglas M Silverstein
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:820-7. 2006..We conclude that (1) significant lowering of BP with either CCB or ACEI is achievable in most children with HTN, and (2) SH patients respond better to therapy than those with PH...
- Activation of the IL-2 Receptor in Podocytes: A Potential Mechanism for Podocyte Injury in Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome?Arnold H Zea
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Parasitology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0157907. 2016..The results showed that podocytes exposed to IL-2 have increased albumin leakage across the monolayer. We conclude that murine podocytes express the IL-2R, and that activation through the IL-2R results in podocyte injury. ..
- Results of one-year follow-up of steroid-free immunosuppression in pediatric renal transplant patientsDouglas M Silverstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Pediatr Transplant 9:589-97. 2005..Taken together, our data suggests that at one-year follow-up, steroid-free immunosuppression is safe, and efficacious in pediatric renal transplant recipients...
- Effect of age, ethnicity, and glucocorticoid use on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in pediatric renal transplant patientsJung Sue Kim
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 9:162-9. 2005..Our results show an inverse correlation between age and required tacrolimus dose, wide interindividual variation, and greater exposure with steroid-free regimen despite no change in trough level...
- Intestinal microbiota in pediatric patients with end stage renal disease: a Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium studyJanice Crespo-Salgado
Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA, USA
Microbiome 4:50. 2016..We hypothesized that children with ESRD have an altered intestinal microbiota and increased serum levels of bacterially derived uremic toxins...
- Effect of arginase II on L-arginine depletion and cell growth in murine cell lines of renal cell carcinomaDavid J Tate
Stanley S, Scott Cancer Center, LSUHSC, New Orleans, USA
J Hematol Oncol 1:14. 2008..Therefore, we studied in murine renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell lines, the effect of arginase II on tumor cell proliferation and L-arginine depletion. The effect of arginase inhibitors on cell proliferation was also tested...
- High incidence of initial and late steroid resistance in childhood nephrotic syndromeJung Sue Kim
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Kidney Int 68:1275-81. 2005..Recent reports suggest that the histologic pattern of NS in children may be changing, but whether the change is accompanied by a parallel change in steroid sensitivity is unknown...
- Sudden blindness in a child with end-stage renal diseaseJung Sue Kim
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Health Sciences Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 19:691-3. 2004..Prospective studies to evaluate the effectiveness of levodopa in the treatment of AION are warranted in this potentially devastating condition...