Sylvia H Yeh
Affiliation: Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute
- PEDIARIX: clinical trialsSylvia H Yeh
UCLA Center for Vaccine Research, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA, 1124 W Carson St, Liu Research Building, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 4:139-45. 2005..This vaccine is indicated for the prevention of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B and poliovirus. This article reviews the available data regarding the vaccine's immunogenicity and safety...
- Shift in the epidemiology of pertussis infection: an indication for pertussis vaccine boosters for adults?Sylvia H Yeh
UCLA Center for Vaccine Research at Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 W Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Drugs 66:731-41. 2006..With the recent availability of acellular pertussis vaccines for older children to adults, consideration of a change in current vaccination policy is necessary in order to provide better disease control...
- Immunogenicity and safety of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in infants and toddlersSylvia H Yeh
Vaccine Research Center, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 West Carson St, Liu Research Building, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Pediatrics 126:e493-505. 2010..13-Valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13) (PCV7 serotypes plus 1, 3, 5, 6A, 7F, and 19A) was designed to provide broader pneumococcal disease coverage. We evaluated the immunogenicity and safety of PCV13 compared with PCV7...
- Pertussis: persistent pathogen, imperfect vaccinesSylvia H Yeh
UCLA Center for Vaccine Research, Research and Education Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 2:113-27. 2003..New methodologies for understanding disease pathogenesis, immune responses and vaccine development are needed to effectively interrupt continued transmission of this pathogen...
- Update on adolescent immunization: pertussis, meningococcus, HPV, and the futureSylvia H Yeh
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:714-6, 719-27. 2007..Routinely scheduled visits for 11- to 12-year-olds will allow for immunization against these and other diseases and give us an opportunity to provide anticipatory guidance against high-risk behaviors...
- Paralytic syndromes in children: epidemiology and relationship to vaccinationKenneth M Zangwill
UCLA Center for Vaccine Research, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Pediatr Neurol 42:206-12. 2010....
- Heptavalent pneumococcal vaccine conjugated to outer membrane protein of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup b and nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae in infantsSylvia H Yeh
UCLA Center for Vaccine Research, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 W Carson Street, Liu Research Building, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Vaccine 21:2627-31. 2003..Streptococcus pneumoniae (Sp) is an important bacterial pathogen in children. Nasopharyngeal (NP) colonization of S. pneumoniae is necessary for person-to-person transmission and often precedes invasive disease...
- Cost-benefit analysis of in-hospital influenza vaccination of postpartum womenYao Ding
Leonard Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 119:306-14. 2012..To estimate the potential economic benefits associated with hospital-based postpartum influenza vaccination...