Affiliation: Los Alamos National Laboratory
- The TyrA family of aromatic-pathway dehydrogenases in phylogenetic contextJian Song
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
BMC Biol 3:13. 2005..This protein family typifies many that are challenging for bioinformatic analysis because of relatively modest sequence conservation and small size...
- Simultaneous pathogen detection and antibiotic resistance characterization using SNP-based multiplexed oligonucleotide ligation-PCR (MOL-PCR)Jian Song
Biosecurity and Public Health B 7, Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87544, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 680:455-64. 2010..All probes were experimentally validated individually and in multiplexed assays, and minimal sets of multiplexed MOLigo probes were identified for simultaneous pathogen detection and antibiotic resistance characterization...
- A rapid multiplex assay for nucleic acid-based diagnosticsAlina Deshpande
Decision Applications Division, Mail Stop K551, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87545, United States
J Microbiol Methods 80:155-63. 2010..anthracis, Y. pestis, and F. tularensis. Combined with the ease and robustness of this assay, the results presented here show a strong potential of our assay for use in diagnostics and surveillance...
- Inter-genomic displacement via lateral gene transfer of bacterial trp operons in an overall context of vertical genealogyGary Xie
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544, USA
BMC Biol 2:15. 2004..We have asked whether events of lateral gene transfer are sufficient to have obscured our ability to track the vertical genealogy that underpins tryptophan biosynthesis...
- Development of rationally designed nucleic acid signatures for microbial pathogensCatherine A Cleland
Bioscience Division, MS M888, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM 87545, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:303-15. 2004....
- SNPsFinder--a web-based application for genome-wide discovery of single nucleotide polymorphisms in microbial genomesJian Song
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM 87545, USA
Bioinformatics 21:2083-4. 2005..SNPsFinder can generate PCR primers for all predicted SNP regions according to user's input parameters to facilitate experimental validation. The results from SNPsFinder analysis are accessible through the World Wide Web...
- Forensic signatures for MarburgvirusesJian Song
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87545, United States
Forensic Sci Int 233:338-47. 2013..Using these validated assays, we were able to provide accurate forensic analysis on 3 "unknown" Marburgviruses. These high-resolution forensic assays allow rapid and accurate genotyping of Marburgviruses for forensic investigations...
- Steps toward broad-spectrum therapeutics: discovering virulence-associated genes present in diverse human pathogensChris J Stubben
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, USA
BMC Genomics 10:501. 2009..e., conserved across multiple pathogen species) and novel virulence-associated genes that may serve as targets for broad-spectrum countermeasures...
- Proteomic analysis of Bacillus anthracis Sterne vegetative cellsAnthony W Francis
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, P O 1663, Los Alamos, NM 87545, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1748:191-200. 2005..anthracis cells and, coupled with the recent proteomic catalogue of B. anthracis spore proteins, form a thorough summary of proteins expressed in the active and dormant stages of this organism...
- Cohesion group approach for evolutionary analysis of TyrA, a protein family with wide-ranging substrate specificitiesCarol A Bonner
The Computation Institute, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 606371, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 72:13-53, table of contents. 2008..Systematic procedures to manage and organize otherwise overwhelming amounts of data are demonstrated...
- Genome-wide identification and expression analysis of rice cell cycle genesJing Guo
Shandong Key Laboratory of Crop Biology, College of Life Sciences, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong, 271018, China
Plant Mol Biol 64:349-60. 2007..Our results provide basic information to understand the mechanism of cell cycle regulation and the functions of the rice cell cycle genes...
- Three-step purification of gp96 from human liver tumor tissues suitable for isolation of gp96-bound peptidesSong Dong Meng
Department of Molecular Virology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
J Immunol Methods 264:29-35. 2002..This will inevitably trigger the search for antigenic-specific peptides bound to gp96. Here, we report the method in detail...