- Three case reports to illustrate clinical applications in the use of erythrocyte transketolaseDerrick Lonsdale
24700 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 4:247-50. 2007..In a third patient, hemoconcentration associated with an abnormal TPPE was normalized after administration of nutrients that included thiamin and magnesium...
- Evaluation of the biochemical effects of administration of intravenous nutrients using erythrocyte ATP/ADP ratiosD Lonsdale
Altern Med Rev 4:37-44. 1999..The family error rate used was 0.05. We conclude that this regression of the EADR to the mean, as a result of either of the two infusions and not seen in control subjects, is biochemically significant...
- Sudden infant death syndrome requires genetic predisposition, some form of stress and marginal malnutritionD Lonsdale
Med Hypotheses 57:382-6. 2001..Anything that impedes healthy oxidation, or accelerates energy utilization through responding to stress, increases the risk greatly. Improving the biochemical mechanisms through appropriate nutrition is by far the best defense...
- Treatment of autism spectrum children with thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide: a pilot studyDerrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine Group, 24700 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145, USA
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 23:303-8. 2002..In a Pilot Study, the clinical and biochemical effects of thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide (TTFD) on autistic spectrum children were investigated...
- Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide: a little known therapeutic agentDerrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine Group, Westlake, Ohio, USA
Med Sci Monit 10:RA199-203. 2004..Because at least part of its beneficial effects are the same as water soluble thiamine salts, this review deals first with the clinical uses of thiamine (vitamin B1) in medicine...
- Dysautonomia, a heuristic approach to a revised model for etiology of diseaseDerrick Lonsdale
24700 Center Ridge Road, Westlake Ohio 44145, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 6:3-10. 2009..Due to the lack of adequate automatic controls, this may be responsible in some cases for breakdown of organ systems through long-standing energy deficiency, thus leading eventually to organic disease...
- Thiamin(e): the spark of lifeDerrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine Group, Westlake, OH, 44145, USA
Subcell Biochem 56:199-227. 2012..The possible role of high calorie malnutrition and related thiamin deficiency in juvenile crime is hypothesized...