- Medication noncompliance in patients with chronic disease: issues in dialysis and renal transplantationMahmoud Loghman-Adham
Pediatric Research Institute, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Manag Care 9:155-71. 2003....
- Safety of new phosphate binders for chronic renal failureMahmoud Loghman-Adham
Drug Saf 26:1093-115. 2003..Mixed metal hydroxyl carbonate compounds have shown efficacy in animals but have not been studied in humans. Major safety issues include absorption of the metal component with possible tissue accumulation and toxicity...
- Immortalized epithelial cells from human autosomal dominant polycystic kidney cystsMahmoud Loghman-Adham
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Research Institute, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63104, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F397-412. 2003..These new series of cyst-derived cell lines represent useful and readily available in vitro models for studying the cellular and molecular biology of ADPKD...
- The intrarenal renin-angiotensin system in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseMahmoud Loghman-Adham
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Research Institute, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 07920, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F775-88. 2004..Based on these observations, we propose a model of an autocrine/paracrine RAS in polycystic kidney disease, whereby overactivity of the intrarenal system results in sustained increases in intratubular ANG II concentrations...
- Expression of components of the renin-angiotensin system in autosomal recessive polycystic kidney diseaseMahmoud Loghman-Adham
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Research Institute, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 53:979-88. 2005....
- Aberrant polycystin-1 expression results in modification of activator protein-1 activity, whereas Wnt signaling remains unaffectedNgoc Hang Le
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden 2333 AL, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:27472-81. 2004..Since our data indicate that aberrant polycystin-1 expression results in altered AP-1 activity, polycystin-1 may be required for adequate AP-1 activity...
- Loss of polycystin-1 in human cyst-lining epithelia leads to ciliary dysfunctionSurya M Nauli
Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Suite 520, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1015-25. 2006..This report proposes that calcium response to fluid-flow shear stress can be used as a readout of polycystin function and that loss of mechanosensation in the renal tubular epithelia is a feature of PKD cysts...