- Development of the Mental Clutter Scale
Department of Behavioral Sciences, Rush Medical College, USA
Psychol Rep 109:445-52. 2011
..95, and test-retest reliability over a median of 5 days was .92. The 8-item scale is a quick measure of mental fog that provides clinicians with information about cognitive functioning in fibromyalgia...
- Speed of mental operations in fibromyalgia: a selective naming speed deficit
Department of Behavioral Sciences, Section of Rheumatology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 14:214-8. 2008
..The central question addresses whether FMS is associated with processing speed deficits across a spectrum of speeded tasks...
- Normalizing memory recall in fibromyalgia with rehearsal: a distraction-counteracting effect
Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:740-4. 2009
..To examine the impact of distraction on the retention of rehearsed information in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)...
- Distraction as a key determinant of impaired memory in patients with fibromyalgia
Department of Psychology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612 3833, USA
J Rheumatol 33:127-32. 2006
..We hypothesized that neurocognitive tests encoded with a source of stimulus competition that interferes with the processing and/or absorption of information would be better than others in gauging FM memory competence...
- Cognitive and dissociative manifestations in fibromyalgia
Department of Psychology, Rush Medical College, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 8:77-84. 2002
..It may be prudent to add a test of dissociation as an adjunct to the evaluation of FM patients in cases of suspected fibrofog. Otherwise, test results may prove normal even in patients with disabling cognitive symptoms...
- The prevalence and clinical impact of reported cognitive difficulties (fibrofog) in patients with rheumatic disease with and without fibromyalgia
Robert S Katz
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 10:53-8. 2004
..Clinicians could judge these complaints as similar to adult attention deficit syndrome and reassure the patient. Trying medication to improve attention and concentration is sensible but untested in fibromyalgia...
- Cognitive dysfunction in fibromyalgia: slow access to the mental lexicon
1 Department of Behavioral Sciences, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
Psychol Rep 115:828-39. 2014
..The premise that lexical access speed is disproportionately present in fibromyalgia and serves as a foundation for a wide array of cognitive operations is supported...
- Cross-sectional neurocognitive data do not support a transition from fibrofog to Alzheimer disease in fibromyalgia patients
From the Department of Behavioral Sciences and Section of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
J Clin Rheumatol 21:81-5. 2015
..Cognitive dysfunction is a signature feature of fibromyalgia. Many who develop cognitive problems in their middle years are concerned that it is prodromal to Alzheimer's disease...