Lori M Hilt
Affiliation: Lawrence University
- Characterizing the ruminative process in young adolescentsLori M Hilt
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 42:519-30. 2013..Differences in attentional processes may characterize rumination in youth. Implications for the measurement of rumination as well as treatment are discussed. ..
- Rumination mediates the relationship between peer alienation and eating pathology in young adolescent girlsLori M Hilt
Department of Psychology, Lawrence University, 711 E Boldt Way SPC 24, Appleton, WI, 54911, USA
Eat Weight Disord 18:263-7. 2013..This study examined whether rumination, the tendency to passively and repeatedly dwell on negative events, mediated the relationship between peer alienation and eating disorder symptoms among adolescent girls...
- Early family context and development of adolescent ruminative style: moderation by temperamentLori M Hilt
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Cogn Emot 26:916-26. 2012..Further, the interaction of these temperament factors exerted an additional influence on later rumination. Implications for prevention and intervention efforts are discussed...
- Getting out of rumination: comparison of three brief interventions in a sample of youthLori M Hilt
Department of Psychology, Lawrence University, 711 E Boldt Way, SPC 24, Appleton, WI 54911, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 40:1157-65. 2012..Clinical implications might include the potential use of mobile device applications to help alleviate rumination...
- Emotion dysregulation as a mechanism linking peer victimization to internalizing symptoms in adolescentsKatie A McLaughlin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:894-904. 2009..Evidence for a reciprocal relationship between internalizing symptoms and relational victimization was found, but emotion dysregulation did not mediate this relationship. The implications for preventive interventions are discussed...
- Nonsuicidal self-injury in young adolescent girls: moderators of the distress-function relationshipLori M Hilt
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:63-71. 2008..The clinical implications of these findings include designing preventions that address the particular contexts of self-injurious behavior...