Eleanor A Blakely
Affiliation: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Late effects from hadron therapyEleanor A Blakely
Life Science Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94620, USA
Radiother Oncol 73:S134-40. 2004..Low-dose tissue effects at tumor margins need further study, and there is need for more acute molecular studies underlying late effects of hadron therapy...
- Lauriston S. Taylor Lecture on radiation protection and measurements: what makes particle radiation so effective?Eleanor A Blakely
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, One Cyclotron Road, MS 977, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Health Phys 103:508-28. 2012....
- Biological effects of cosmic radiation: deterministic and stochasticE A Blakely
Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, CA 94702, USA
Health Phys 79:495-506. 2000..This paper provides a brief overview of existing pertinent clinical and biological radiation data and the limitations associated with data available from specific components of the radiation fields in airflight and space travel...
- Growth and differentiation of human lens epithelial cells in vitro on matrixE A Blakely
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley Cellrex, San Francisco, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:3898-907. 2000..To characterize the growth and maturation of nonimmortalized human lens epithelial (HLE) cells grown in vitro...
- Biology of charged particlesEleanor A Blakely
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720 8174, USA
Cancer J 15:271-84. 2009....
- Identification of genetic loci that control mammary tumor susceptibility through the host microenvironmentPengju Zhang
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720
Sci Rep 5:8919. 2015..Our results open possible new avenues to understand mechanisms of genes operating via the stroma that affect cancer risk from external environmental exposures. ..
- Synchrotron infrared spectromicroscopy as a novel bioanalytical microprobe for individual living cells: cytotoxicity considerationsHoi Ying N Holman
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, Center for Environmental Biotechnology, Mail Stop 70A 3317, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Biomed Opt 7:417-24. 2002..Concurrent infrared spectra obtained with each experiment confirm no detectable biochemical changes between control and exposed cells...
- Mid-infrared reflectivity of experimental atheromasHoi Ying N Holman
University of California, Berkeley, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:030503. 2008..This discovery may represent a unique opportunity to develop a new intravascular diagnostic modality that can detect and characterize sites of atherosclerosis...
- An interferon signature identified by RNA-sequencing of mammary tissues varies across the estrous cycle and is predictive of metastasis-free survivalAntoine M Snijders
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA
Oncotarget 5:4011-25. 2014....
- The expression level of HJURP has an independent prognostic impact and predicts the sensitivity to radiotherapy in breast cancerZhi Hu
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, One Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Breast Cancer Res 12:R18. 2010..However its role in tumor development remains largely unknown. The goal of this study was to investigate the clinical significance of HJURP in breast cancer and its correlation with radiotherapeutic outcome...
- Biomimetic actinide chelators: an update on the preclinical development of the orally active hydroxypyridonate decorporation agents 3,4,3-LI(1,2-HOPO) and 5-LIO(Me-3,2-HOPO)Rebecca J Abergel
Chemical Sciences Division, Glenn T Seaborg Center, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Health Phys 99:401-7. 2010..Both compounds are on an accelerated development pathway towards clinical use...
- Synthetic nano-low density lipoprotein as targeted drug delivery vehicle for glioblastoma multiformeMina Nikanjam
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94609, USA
Int J Pharm 328:86-94. 2007..Collectively these data strongly suggest that the synthetic nano-LDLs described here are taken up by LDLR and can serve as a drug delivery vehicle for targeting GBM tumors via the LDLR...
- Comparison of microdosimetric simulations using PENELOPE and PITS for a 25 keV electron microbeam in waterEnrico Mainardi
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Nucleare e Conversioni Energetiche, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00186 Roma, Italy
Radiat Res 162:326-31. 2004..This paper demonstrates PENELOPE's usefulness at low energies and for small geometries. What is still needed are experimental results to confirm these analyses...