- Methods for programming and patient management with deep brain stimulation of the globus pallidus for the treatment of advanced Parkinson's disease and dystoniaRajeev Kumar
Colorado Neurological Institute, Englewood, Colorado 80110 2778, USA
Mov Disord 17:S198-207. 2002..Based on the available literature, recommendations are also made for the use of GPi deep brain stimulation in dystonia...
- Long-term follow-up of thalamic deep brain stimulation for essential and parkinsonian tremorRajeev Kumar
Division of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Neurology 61:1601-4. 2003..Two of five patients with essential tremor had contralateral tremor improvement after ongoing stimulation for 2 years; two developed marked tolerance to DBS...
- Narcolepsy, REM sleep behavior disorder, and supranuclear gaze palsy associated with Ma1 and Ma2 antibodies and tonsillar carcinomaChris Adams
Colorado Neurological Institute Movement Disorders Center, Englewood, CO 80113, USA
Arch Neurol 68:521-4. 2011..To describe a patient with diencephalic and mesencephalic presentation of a Ma1 and Ma2 antibody-associated paraneoplastic neurological disorder...
- Deep brain stimulationDrew S Kern
College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Neurologist 13:237-52. 2007..This review primarily focuses on movement disorder applications and efficacy of DBS, but also briefly reviews other promising new and old uses of DBS...
- Endurance exercise training to improve economy of movement of people with Parkinson disease: three case reportsMargaret Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262 0244, USA
Phys Ther 88:63-76. 2008..In this case report, the effects of endurance exercise training are examined on walking economy and other measures for 3 individuals in early and middle stages of PD...
- Serum urate as a predictor of clinical and radiographic progression in Parkinson diseaseMichael A Schwarzschild
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Arch Neurol 65:716-23. 2008..To determine whether concentration of serum urate, a purine metabolite and potent antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of Parkinson disease (PD), predicts prognosis in PD...