Susan R Kirsh
- Shared medical appointments: a potential venue for education in interprofessional careSusan R Kirsh
VA HSR and D Center for Quality Improvement Research, Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 18:217-24. 2009..The shared medical appointment (SMA) is an interprofessional practice model that provides an educational opportunity...
- Impact of a national specialty e-consultation implementation project on accessSusan Kirsh
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 10701 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106 e mail
Am J Manag Care 21:e648-54. 2015..To assess the early impact of implementation of the electronic consults (e-consults) initiative by the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), designed to improve specialty care access...
- Tailoring an intervention to the context and system redesign related to the intervention: a case study of implementing shared medical appointments for diabetesSusan R Kirsh
Center for Quality Improvement Research, Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Implement Sci 3:34. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe the process of implementation of SMAs in the local context of a primary care clinic over time...
- Improving outpatient diabetes careSusan Kirsh
Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH 44106, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:233-40. 2012..A knowledge management model informed our process. Notable differences between performance levels exist. "Best practices" will be disseminated across the VHA as the VHA Patient-Centered Medical Home model is implemented...
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation scienceLaura J Damschroder
HSR and D Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System 11H, 2215 Fuller Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Implement Sci 4:50. 2009..We describe the Consolidated Framework For Implementation Research (CFIR) that offers an overarching typology to promote implementation theory development and verification about what works where and why across multiple contexts...
- Shared medical appointments based on the chronic care model: a quality improvement project to address the challenges of patients with diabetes with high cardiovascular riskSusan Kirsh
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 16:349-53. 2007..The purpose of this quality improvement project was to improve intermediate outcome measures for diabetes (A1c, SBP, LDL-cholesterol) focusing on those patients at highest cardiovascular risk...
- Nurse practitioner-led multidisciplinary teams to improve chronic illness care: the unique strengths of nurse practitioners applied to shared medical appointments/group visitsSharon A Watts
Diabetes Clinic, Department of Endocrinology, Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 21:167-72. 2009..To map the specific skills of NPs to the six elements of the CCM: self-management, decision support, delivery system design, clinical information systems, community resources, and organizational support...
- Measuring the intensity of resident supervision in the department of veterans affairs: the resident supervision indexJohn M Byrne
VA Loma Linda Healthcare System, California 92357, USA
Acad Med 85:1171-81. 2010..To develop a survey instrument designed to quantify supervision by attending physicians in nonprocedural care and to assess the instrument's feasibility and reliability...
- Shared medical appointments for patients with diabetes: glycemic reduction in high-risk patientsSharon A Watts
Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
J Am Assoc Nurse Pract 27:450-6. 2015..To assess the impact on glycemic control (A1c, %) in a primary care urban Veterans Affairs (VA) shared medical appointments (SMAs)...
- Building a diabetes registry from the Veterans Health Administration's computerized patient record systemElizabeth F O Kern
Division of Nephrology Division of Endocrinology Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University Department of Medicine, Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 2:7-14. 2008....
- Providing specialty consultant expertise to primary care: an expanding spectrum of modalitiesSusan R Kirsh
Office of Specialty Care, Veterans Health Administration, Washington, DC Office of Specialty Care VA HSR and D QUERI Evaluation Center, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
Mayo Clin Proc 89:1416-26. 2014..In addition to describing these modes of consultation, our framework points to several important areas in which further research is needed to optimize effectiveness. ..
- Choosing targets for glycaemia, blood pressure and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in elderly individuals with diabetes mellitusSusan R Kirsh
Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH, USA
Drugs Aging 28:945-60. 2011..In general, we recommend use of an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (statin) and an LDL-C target of <100 mg/dL, especially if an individual cannot tolerate a moderate dose of a statin...