K Y Kim
- Sundown syndrome in persons with dementia: an updateNina Khachiyants
Carilion Virginia Tech School of Medicine Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program Roanoke, VA, USA
Psychiatry Investig 8:275-87. 2011....
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for aggressive behavior in patients with dementia after head injuryK Y Kim
Psychiatry Service, Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Virginia 24153, USA
Pharmacotherapy 21:498-501. 2001..Psychotropic agents can attenuate aggressive behaviors associated with mental disorders. Three patients with dementia and chronic aggression after head injury responded favorably to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- Treatment of delirium in older adults with quetiapineKye Y Kim
Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatric Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, 24153, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 16:29-31. 2003..In our study, we found that quetiapine was a safe and effective treatment in hospitalized older patients with delirium...
- A VA inpatient respite program for patients with dementiaKye Y Kim
School of Medicine at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:821-2, 824. 2003
- Donepezil for alcohol-related dementia: a case reportKye Y Kim
Extended Care Psychiatry Program, Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia 24153, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:419-21. 2004..He was treated with donepezil for alcohol-related dementia, and 3 months later, his cognitive function had improved. More research is needed to confirm donepezil's role in treating alcohol-related dementia...
- End-of-life care for persons with Alzheimer's diseaseKye Y Kim
Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1970 Roanoke Boulevard, Salem, Virginia 24153, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:139-41. 2005
- Scheduled medications and falls in dementia patients utilizing a wander gardenMark B Detweiler
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia 24153, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 24:322-32. 2009..The most significant changes in scheduled psychiatric medications were reductions in scheduled antipsychotics and an increase in residents requiring no antipsychotics...
- Delirious mania and malignant catatonia: a report of 3 cases and reviewMark B Detweiler
Psychiatry Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1970 Roanoke Boulevard, Salem, VA 24153, USA
Psychiatr Q 80:23-40. 2009..Three case reports are presented to illustrate the diagnostic conundrum of delirious mania and several different presentations of malignant catatonia...
- Does a wander garden influence inappropriate behaviors in dementia residents?Mark B Detweiler
Psychiatry Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Department of Neuropsychiatry, Behavioral Science, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia 24153, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 23:31-45. 2008..The effect on resident behaviors of adding a wander garden to an existing dementia facility was investigated...
- Drug-induced movement disorders in older adults: an overview for clinical practitionersMark B Detweiler
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia, USA
Consult Pharm 22:149-65. 2007..The epidemiology, clinical presentation, differential diagnosis, treatment, risk factors, and preventive measures are presented for each DIMD...
- Focused supervision of high-risk fall dementia patients: a simple method to reduce fall incidence and severityMark B Detweiler
Psychiatric Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 20:97-104. 2005....
- Seizure possibly associated with fluvoxamineK Y Kim
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Ann Pharmacother 34:1276-8. 2000..To inform clinicians of the possibility that seizures due to therapeutic doses of fluvoxamine may not be as rare as previously considered...
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in cognitively impaired older adults: a geropsychiatric perspectiveMark B Detweiler
Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Virginia, Virginia, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 19:24-30. 2004..The study discusses ethical issues and treatment strategies for pre- and post-PEG tube placement consultations, including environmental interventions, in order to improve quality of life for this population...
- Anti-amyloid treatments in Alzheimer's diseaseMamta Sapra
Psychiatry Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, VA 24153, USA
Recent Pat CNS Drug Discov 4:143-8. 2009..Authors review the different novel drugs which are in clinical trials...