- Combination antipsychotic therapy for the treatment of schizophreniaAndre Tapp
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Essent Psychopharmacol 6:1-11. 2004
- Comorbidity of depression with chronic diseases: a population-based study in Aleppo, SyriaNael Kilzieh
American Lake Division, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Tacoma, Washington 98493, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 38:169-84. 2008..To assess the comorbidity and correlates of depression in chronic diseases in the community in Aleppo, Syria. This has never been previously investigated in an Arab country...
- Gender, depression and physical impairment: an epidemiologic perspective from Aleppo, SyriaNael Kilzieh
American Lake Division, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 9600 Veterans Drive, A 116, Tacoma, WA, 98493, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:595-602. 2010..Examine the association of physical impairment with gender, depression, and socio-demographics in the community in Aleppo, Syria...
- Time to discontinuation and self-discontinuation of olanzapine and risperidone in patients with schizophrenia in a naturalistic outpatient settingNael Kilzieh
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Integrated Service Network 20, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, American Lake Division, Mental Health Service, Tacoma, WA 98493, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:74-7. 2008..Although efficacy of antipsychotic medications is well documented, their effectiveness in real-world practice is less robust. We examined the effectiveness of olanzapine and risperidone in schizophrenia in a naturalistic setting...
- Quetiapine for the treatment of cocaine dependence: an open-label trialAnnette Kennedy
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:221-4. 2008..Additional research is needed to confirm the current findings and to further delineate the role quetiapine may play in the treatment of cocaine use disorders...
- Quetiapine for the treatment of cocaine use disorderAndre Tapp
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, American Lake Division A 116, University of Washington, 9600 Veterans Drive SW, Tacoma, WA 98493, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 149:18-24. 2015..Cocaine addiction continues to be a significant healthcare issue, yet there are no FDA approved medications for the treatment of cocaine use disorder within the United States...
- Abstinence, anticipation, reduction, and treatment (AART): a stepwise approach to the management of atypical antipsychotic side effectsAnnette Kennedy
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Essent Psychopharmacol 7:1-14. 2006..By incorporating this stepwise approach into their clinical decision-making process, prescribers may be able to optimize the risk:benefit ratio associated with the prescription of atypical antipsychotics...
- Combination antipsychotic therapy in clinical practiceAndre Tapp
Department of Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Tacoma, Washington 98493, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:55-9. 2003..A survey of prescribers was conducted to examine why combination antipsychotic therapy is being used in outpatient clinical practice...
- Depression in Kraepelinian schizophreniaNael Kilzieh
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Compr Psychiatry 44:1-6. 2003..Finally, the low rate of depression observed revives the notion that preservation of core functional abilities is important for a depressive reaction to evolve in schizophrenia...
- The distinct temperament profiles of bipolar I, bipolar II and unipolar patientsHagop S Akiskal
National Institute of Mental Health Collaborative Program on the Psychobiology of Depression, Clinical Studies, Rockville, MD, USA
J Affect Disord 92:19-33. 2006....
- Antipsychotic polypharmacy: do benefits justify the risks?Andre M Tapp
Ann Pharmacother 39:1759-60. 2005
- Socio-demographic correlates of psychiatric morbidity among low-income women in Aleppo, SyriaWasim Maziak
Institute of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Munster, Germany
Soc Sci Med 54:1419-27. 2002..Our data show that mental distress is common in the studied population and that it is strongly associated with few, possibly modifiable, factors...