C Bethan Powell
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Long term follow up of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers with unsuspected neoplasia identified at risk reducing salpingo-oophorectomyC B Powell
Cancer Risk Program, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 129:364-71. 2013..We evaluated recurrence and survival outcomes of mutation carriers with neoplastic lesions identified at RRSO...
- Does the diagnosis of breast or ovarian cancer trigger referral to genetic counseling?C Bethan Powell
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland 94115, CA, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:431-6. 2013..This study assesses adherence to genetic counseling referral guidelines within this health system...
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy (RRSO) in BRCA mutation carriers: experience with a consecutive series of 111 patients using a standardized surgical-pathological protocolC Bethan Powell
Cancer Risk Program, Department of Pathology, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:846-51. 2011..We report outcomes in 111 consecutive BRCA-positive women who had RRSO using a rigorous surgical-pathological protocol from 1996 to 2008...
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in BRCA mutation carriers: role of serial sectioning in the detection of occult malignancyC Bethan Powell
Gynecologic Oncology Program and Cancer Risk Program, University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2340 Sutter Street, Room N424, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:127-32. 2005..Two recent studies of BRCA mutation carriers reported occult malignancy in 2.5% of women undergoing RRSO. This study aimed to increase this detection rate using a protocol...
- Surveillance of survivors: follow-up after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in BRCA 1/2 mutation carriersJocelyn S Chapman
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:339-43. 2011..To characterize the post-operative care of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers who undergo risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy (RRSO)...
- Correlation of macroscopic and microscopic pathology in risk reducing salpingo-oophorectomy: implications for intraoperative specimen evaluationJoseph T Rabban
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94313, USA
Gynecol Oncol 121:466-71. 2011..The aim of this study was to correlate the macroscopic and microscopic pathologic findings in RRSO...
- Predictors of intensive care unit utilization in gynecologic oncology surgeryRachel Ruskin
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Helen Diller Family Cancer Center, University of California, CA, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:1336-42. 2011..The objectives of the study were to examine factors predicting intensive care unit (ICU) admission after surgery for gynecologic cancer and to determine the impact of ICU admission on survival...
- Perioperative outcomes comparing patient controlled epidural versus intravenous analgesia in gynecologic oncology surgeryLee May Chen
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 115:357-61. 2009..Our aim was to compare perioperative patient controlled epidural analgesia (PCEA) versus patient controlled intravenous analgesia (PCA) after gynecologic oncology laparotomy...
- Awareness of gynecologic surveillance in women from hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer familiesKathleen Yang
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero St, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Fam Cancer 5:405-9. 2006..To determine knowledge of gynecologic cancer risk and screening in women with HNPCC...
- A randomized study of the effectiveness of a brief psychosocial intervention for women attending a gynecologic cancer clinicC Bethan Powell
Department of Obstetrics, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, UCSF, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Gynecol Oncol 111:137-43. 2008..While there are many psychosocial interventions for cancer patients, few are brief in nature. The aim of this study was to investigate the usefulness of a single-visit psychosocial intervention for gynecologic cancer patients...
- Aqueous extract of herba Scutellaria barbatae, a chinese herb used for ovarian cancer, induces apoptosis of ovarian cancer cell linesC Bethan Powell
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Gynecol Oncol 91:332-40. 2003....