David L McClure
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- An efficient statistical algorithm for a temporal scan statistic applied to vaccine safety analysesD L McClure
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Vaccine 30:3986-91. 2012..Our present work is focused on incorporating the temporal scan statistic algorithm within our previous approach for finding an optimal risk window for studies of vaccine safety...
- Comparison of epidemiologic methods for active surveillance of vaccine safetyDavid L McClure
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Vaccine 26:3341-5. 2008..We performed a simulation study to compare four study designs [(matched-cohort, vaccinated-only (risk-interval) cohort, case-control, and self-controlled case-series (SCCS)] in the context of vaccine safety active surveillance...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of clinically relevant adverse events from HMG CoA reductase inhibitor trials worldwide from 1982 to presentDavid L McClure
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado, Clinical Research Unit, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:132-43. 2007..Our objective was to determine the association of clinically relevant adverse events from a systematic review and meta-analysis of statin randomized controlled trials (RCT)...
- A scan statistic for identifying optimal risk windows in vaccine safety studies using self-controlled case series designStanley Xu
The Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Stat Med 32:3290-9. 2013..This approach uses the maximum likelihood ratio test based on fixed-effects models, which has been used for analyzing data from self-controlled case series design in addition to conditional Poisson models...
- Factors that may explain observed associations between trivalent influenza vaccination and gastrointestinal illness in young childrenSophia R Newcomer
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237, United States
Vaccine 31:3894-8. 2013..Specifically, using data from a previous influenza vaccine safety study, we examined the association between medical encounters without TIV and gastrointestinal illness...
- Parental refusal of varicella vaccination and the associated risk of varicella infection in childrenJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:66-70. 2010..To quantify both the individual-level and attributable risk of varicella infection requiring medical care in children whose parents refuse varicella immunizations...
- Parental refusal of pertussis vaccination is associated with an increased risk of pertussis infection in childrenJason M Glanz
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pediatrics 123:1446-51. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine if children who contracted pertussis infection were more likely to have parents who refused pertussis vaccinations than a similar group of children who did not develop pertussis infection...
- Statin and statin-fibrate use was significantly associated with increased myositis risk in a managed care populationDavid L McClure
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:812-8. 2007..We quantified the risk of myositis associated with statin and fibrate drug use with other covariates within a managed care organization (MCO) population...
- A population-based cohort study of undervaccination in 8 managed care organizations across the United StatesJason M Glanz
Institute forHealth Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237, USA
JAMA Pediatr 167:274-81. 2013..CONCLUSIONS Undervaccination appears to be an increasing trend. Undervaccinated children appear to have different health care utilization patterns compared with age-appropriately vaccinated children...
- The risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after vaccination in children and adolescentsSean T O'Leary
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Pediatrics 129:248-55. 2012..The risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) after childhood vaccines other than measles-mumps-rubella vaccine (MMR) is unknown...
- Parental decline of pneumococcal vaccination and risk of pneumococcal related disease in childrenJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Vaccine 29:994-9. 2011..This study examined the association between the parental decision to decline pneumococcal conjugate (PCV7) vaccinations and the risk of hospitalization due to pneumococcal disease or lobar pneumonia in children...
- Four different study designs to evaluate vaccine safety were equally validated with contrasting limitationsJason M Glanz
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente, P O Box 378006, Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 59:808-18. 2006..We conducted a simulation study to empirically compare four study designs [cohort, case-control, risk-interval, self-controlled case series (SCCS)] used to assess vaccine safety...
- Adherence to cardioprotective medications and mortality among patients with diabetes and ischemic heart diseaseP Michael Ho
Cardiology Section, Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 6:48. 2006..Clinical practice guidelines recommend multiple cardioprotective medications to reduce recurrent events. We evaluated the association between cardioprotective medication adherence and mortality among patients with diabetes and IHD...
- Frequency of serum creatinine monitoring during allopurinol therapy in ambulatory patientsMarsha A Raebel
Kaiser Permanente of Colorado Clinical Research Unit and School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver, 80237, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:386-91. 2006..Allopurinol dosage reduction is recommended in patients with renal dysfunction because drug toxicity risk is increased. Little information is available about serum creatinine (SCr) monitoring in ambulatory patients taking allopurinol...
- Laboratory monitoring of potassium and creatinine in ambulatory patients receiving angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockersMarsha A Raebel
Kaiser Permanente of Colorado Clinical Research Unit and School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:55-64. 2007..The purpose of this retrospective cohort study was to assess creatinine and potassium monitoring and characteristics associated with monitoring among patients dispensed ACEi or ARB...
- Cumulative and episodic vaccine aluminum exposure in a population-based cohort of young childrenJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 10065 E Harvard Avenue, Denver, CO 80218, United States Department of Epidemiology, University of Colorado School of Public Health, 13001 E 17th Place, Campus Box B119, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 33:6736-44. 2015..This study examined the extent to which the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) could be used to study vaccine ingredient safety in children...
- Evaluation of cases of severe statin-related transaminitis within a large health maintenance organizationEvguenia C Charles
Clinical Pharmacy Cardiac Risk Service, Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Med 118:618-24. 2005....
- Laboratory evaluation of potassium and creatinine among ambulatory patients prescribed spironolactone: are we monitoring for hyperkalemia?Marsha A Raebel
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Clinical Research Unit and School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80237, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:193-200. 2007..Serum potassium and creatinine evaluation is recommended in patients prescribed spironolactone, yet the proportion of ambulatory patients chronically dispensed spironolactone receiving evaluation is not well understood...
- Effect of medication nonadherence on hospitalization and mortality among patients with diabetes mellitusP Michael Ho
Department of Medicine, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, CO, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1836-41. 2006..Medication nonadherence may reduce the effectiveness of therapies. To our knowledge, the association between medication nonadherence and mortality remains unexplored outside the context of clinical trials...
- Relationships between self-reported asthma utilization and patient characteristicsDavid G Tinkelman
Health Initiatives, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Asthma 39:729-36. 2002..Identifying asthmatic individuals most likely to utilize medical care in the future will help to direct intervention and medical resources; however, there are currently limited models for future utilization...