Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Automated identification of pneumonia in chest radiograph reports in critically ill patientsVincent Liu
Division of Research and Systems Research Initiative, Kaiser Permanente, 2000 Broadway, Webster Annex, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:90. 2013..Prior studies demonstrate the suitability of natural language processing (NLP) for identifying pneumonia in chest radiograph (CXR) reports, however, few evaluate this approach in intensive care unit (ICU) patients...
- An electronic Simplified Acute Physiology Score-based risk adjustment score for critical illness in an integrated healthcare systemVincent Liu
Kaiser Permanente Division of Research and Systems Research Initiative, Oakland, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 41:41-8. 2013..We sought to create an automated ICU risk adjustment score, based on the Simplified Acute Physiology Score 3, using only data available within the electronic medical record (Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect)...
- The association between sepsis and potential medical injury among hospitalized patientsVincent Liu
Division of Research and Systems Research Initiative, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA, USA
Chest 142:606-13. 2012..Patient safety remains a national priority, but the role of disease-specific characteristics in safety is not well characterized...
- Evaluation Following Staggered Implementation of the "Rethinking Critical Care" ICU Care Bundle in a Multicenter Community SettingVincent Liu
1Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA 2The Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA 3Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA 4Decision Support, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
Crit Care Med 44:460-7. 2016..To evaluate process metrics and outcomes after implementation of the "Rethinking Critical Care" ICU care bundle in a community setting...
- Hospital readmission and healthcare utilization following sepsis in community settingsVincent Liu
Division of Research and Systems Research Initiative, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California
J Hosp Med 9:502-7. 2014..Sepsis, the most expensive cause of hospitalization in the United States, is associated with high morbidity and mortality. However, healthcare utilization patterns following sepsis are poorly understood...
- Accuracy of hospital standardized mortality rates: effects of model calibrationPatricia Kipnis
Division of Research Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Management, Information and Analysis Hospital Operations Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA
Med Care 52:378-84. 2014..However, the relationship between model fit and the accuracy of hospital comparisons is not well characterized...