Eric K France
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Impact of the introduction of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on immunization coverage among infantsNancy D Lin
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Pediatr 5:43. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether introduction of PCV affected immunization coverage for recommended childhood vaccinations among 13-month olds in four large provider groups...
- Variation in hepatitis B immunization coverage rates associated with provider practices after the temporary suspension of the birth doseNancy D Lin
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Pediatr 6:31. 2006....
- Safety of the trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine among children: a population-based studyEric K France
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:1031-6. 2004..To our knowledge, there are no published population-based studies on the safety of the inactivated trivalent influenza vaccine among children...
- Risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after measles-mumps-rubella immunization in childrenEric K France
Department of Preventive Medicine, Kaiser Pemanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Pediatrics 121:e687-92. 2008..The measles-mumps-rubella vaccine has been associated with immune thrombocytopenia purpura in 2 small studies...
- Impact of maternal influenza vaccination during pregnancy on the incidence of acute respiratory illness visits among infantsEric K France
Department of Preventive Medicine and Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:1277-83. 2006..To determine whether influenza vaccination of pregnant women prevents visits for respiratory illness in their infants born during the influenza season...
- Safety of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in children 6 to 23 months oldSimon J Hambidge
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
JAMA 296:1990-7. 2006..Beginning with the winter season of 2004-2005, influenza vaccination has been recommended for all children 6 to 23 months old in the United States. However, its safety in young children has not been adequately studied in large populations...
- Parental refusal of varicella vaccination and the associated risk of varicella infection in childrenJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:66-70. 2010..To quantify both the individual-level and attributable risk of varicella infection requiring medical care in children whose parents refuse varicella immunizations...
- Parental refusal of pertussis vaccination is associated with an increased risk of pertussis infection in childrenJason M Glanz
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pediatrics 123:1446-51. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine if children who contracted pertussis infection were more likely to have parents who refused pertussis vaccinations than a similar group of children who did not develop pertussis infection...
- Four different study designs to evaluate vaccine safety were equally validated with contrasting limitationsJason M Glanz
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente, P O Box 378006, Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 59:808-18. 2006..We conducted a simulation study to empirically compare four study designs [cohort, case-control, risk-interval, self-controlled case series (SCCS)] used to assess vaccine safety...
- Automated phone and mail population outreach to promote colorectal cancer screeningKarin L Kempe
Clinical Prevention Services, Population Care and Prevention Services, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:370-8. 2012..To evaluate a population outreach program to promote screening for colorectal cancer (CRC) among average-risk insured men and women...
- Seasonal influenza vaccination status among children with laboratory evidence of pandemic H1N1 infectionChristina A Nelson
Department of Preventive Medicine, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO 80231, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:562-5. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of 2008-2009 seasonal influenza vaccination on pandemic H1N1 infection in children...
- Effectiveness of the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine among children 6 months to 8 years of age, with 1 vs 2 dosesDebra P Ritzwoller
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 580 Mohawk Dr, Boulder, CO 80302, USA
Pediatrics 116:153-9. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of 1 and 2 doses of the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine in preventing medically attended influenza-like illness (ILI) among children 6 to 23 months and 6 months to 8 years of age...
- Long-term results of a smoking reduction programRussell E Glasgow
Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
Med Care 47:115-20. 2009..There have been few comprehensive evaluations of smoking reduction, especially in health care delivery systems, and little is known about its cost, maintenance of reduced smoking, or robustness across patient subgroups...
- Association between higher cumulative doses of recombinant erythropoietin and risk for retinopathy of prematurityMark S Brown
Department of Pediatrics, Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, and Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
J AAPOS 10:143-9. 2006....
- Effectiveness of an asthma management program for pediatric members of a large health maintenance organizationSusan L Lukacs
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:872-6. 2002..To assess the impact of an asthma management program on the dispensing of inhaled corticosteroids, hospitalizations, and emergency department (ED) visits on children, adolescents, and young adults...
- Effect of the frequency of delivery of reminders and an influenza tool kit on increasing influenza vaccination rates among adults with high-risk conditionsFaruque Ahmed
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:698-702. 2004....
- Effectiveness of influenza vaccine during pregnancy in preventing hospitalizations and outpatient visits for respiratory illness in pregnant women and their infantsSteven B Black
Kaiser Permanente Vaccine Study Center, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Am J Perinatol 21:333-9. 2004..Hospitalizations for respiratory illness were uncommon in both vaccinees and nonvaccinees...
- Surveillance for invasive pneumococcal disease during 2000-2005 in a population of children who received 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccineSteven Black
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:771-7. 2007....