R H Dolin
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Enabling joint commission medication reconciliation objectives with the HL7 / ASTM Continuity of Care Document standardRobert H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, Anaheim, CA, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc . 2007..The nationally recognized CCD specification provides a standards-based solution for enabling Joint Commission medication reconciliation objectives...
- SGML as a message interchange format in healthcareR H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Region, USA
Proc AMIA Annu Fall Symp . 1997..We sought to extend the CEN report and formally evaluate the use of SGML as a message interchange format...
- An update on HL7's XML-based document representation standardsR H Dolin
Proc AMIA Symp . 2000..The most up-to-date information is available on HL7's web site (www.hl7.org)...
- The SNOMED RT Procedure ModelR H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, USA
Proc AMIA Symp . 2001..The logic-based structure of SNOMED RT enables concepts to be defined more explicitly, providing an opportunity to address inconsistencies and ambiguities present in prior SNOMED concept definitions...
- HL7 Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2Robert H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:30-9. 2006..The intent is to facilitate widespread adoption, while providing a mechanism for incremental semantic interoperability...
- Kaiser Permanente's Convergent Medical TerminologyRobert H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente CMT Team, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect, 5 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:346-50. 2004..KP has learned to exploit that terminology in ways that are clinician-acceptable and that provide powerful options for data analysis and reporting...
- The HL7 Clinical Document ArchitectureR H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, La Palma, California 90623, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 8:552-69. 2001..The HL7 mission is to develop standards that enable semantic interoperability across all platforms. The HL7 version 3 family of standards, including the CDA, are moving us closer to the realization of this vision...
- Kaiser Permanente's "metadata-driven" national clinical intranetR H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, National Care Management Institute, Oakland, California 90623, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 84:319-23. 2001....
- Evaluation of a "lexically assign, logically refine" strategy for semi-automated integration of overlapping terminologiesR H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, Southern California, La Palma
J Am Med Inform Assoc 5:203-13. 1998..Logic-based techniques are then used to merge defined terms...
- Advances in data exchange for the clinical laboratoryR H Dolin
Clinical Information Systems, Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena, California, USA
Clin Lab Med 19:385-419, vii. 1999..These include: Health Level 7 (HL7), Logical Observation Identifier Names and Codes (LOINC), Systematized Nomenclature of Human and Veterinary Medicine (SNOMED), and, most recently, the Extensible Markup Language (XML)...
- Outcome analysis: considerations for an electronic health recordR H Dolin
Kaiser Permanente, La Palma, CA 90623, USA
MD Comput 14:50-6. 1997..This report examines the requirements for outcome analysis and the features that a computerized clinical database should possess in order to minimize data ambiguity and ensure that the results of outcome-studies are meaningful...
- Managing the tensions between national standardization vs. regional localization of clinical content and templatesJohn E Mattison
Kaiser Permanente InterRegional Clinical Content Team, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:1081-5. 2004....
- National health information network cost and structureRobert H Dolin
Ann Intern Med 144:145; author reply 147. 2006