Susan D Brown
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Outreach to diversify clinical trial participation: A randomized recruitment studySusan D Brown
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA, USA
Clin Trials 12:205-11. 2015..Racial and ethnic minorities remain underrepresented in clinical research, yet few recruitment strategies have been rigorously evaluated...
- Minority recruitment into clinical trials: experimental findings and practical implicationsSusan D Brown
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Department of Medicine, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:620-3. 2012..Practical implications include using ethnically-targeted, non-personalized direct mail letters and recruiting through friends/family at no additional cost...
- The Comparative Effectiveness of Diabetes Prevention Strategies to Reduce Postpartum Weight Retention in Women With Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: The Gestational Diabetes' Effects on Moms (GEM) Cluster Randomized Controlled TrialAssiamira Ferrara
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA
Diabetes Care 39:65-74. 2016....
- Wellness Coaching for People With Prediabetes: A Randomized Encouragement Trial to Evaluate Outreach Methods at Kaiser Permanente, Northern California, 2013Hong Xiao
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California
Prev Chronic Dis 12:E207. 2015..The purpose of this randomized encouragement trial was to assess the relative success of 3 outreach methods (secured email message, telephone message, and mailed letter) on the use of wellness coaching by people with prediabetes...
- Risk of large-for-gestational-age newborns in women with gestational diabetes by race and ethnicity and body mass index categoriesSneha B Sridhar
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 121:1255-62. 2013..To compare the prevalence of large-for-gestational-age (LGA) newborns across categories of body mass index (BMI) in five racial and ethnic groups...
- A pragmatic cluster randomized clinical trial of diabetes prevention strategies for women with gestational diabetes: design and rationale of the Gestational Diabetes' Effects on Moms (GEM) studyAssiamira Ferrara
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:21. 2014....
- The multigroup ethnic identity measure-revised: measurement invariance across racial and ethnic groupsSusan D Brown
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California
J Couns Psychol 61:154-61. 2014..Preliminary evidence of measurement invariance suggests that the MEIM-R could be used to measure and compare ethnic identity across multiple racial and ethnic groups...
- Promoting healthy weight with "stability skills first": a randomized trialMichaela Kiernan
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5411, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 81:336-46. 2013..Stability skills were designed to optimize individuals' current satisfaction with lifestyle and self-regulatory habits while requiring the minimum effort and attention necessary...
- Patient satisfaction and perceived success with a telephonic health coaching program: the Natural Experiments for Translation in Diabetes (NEXT-D) Study, Northern California, 2011Sara R Adams
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612 E mail
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E179. 2013....