Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Initial validation of an instrument to identify barriers to self-management for persons with co-morbiditiesElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, Clinical Research Unit, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Chronic Illn 1:315-20. 2005..We hypothesized that persons who reported increased barriers to self-management would also report lower general health status and a greater disease burden...
- Characteristics of Newly Enrolled Members of an Integrated Delivery System after the Affordable Care ActElizabeth A Bayliss
Director of Scientific Development at the Institute for Health Research in Denver, CO
Perm J 19:4-10. 2015..9%, 2.0%, and 3.3% of each group self-reported 2 or more Emergency Department visits during the previous year; and 8.1%, 4.3%, and 4.4% self-reported an inpatient admission during the previous year. ..
- Effect of continuity of care on hospital utilization for seniors with multiple medical conditions in an integrated health care systemElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado
Ann Fam Med 13:123-9. 2015..It is unclear, however, whether this relationship also exists within integrated systems that offer high levels of informational continuity through shared electronic health records...
- Statin prescribing patterns in a cohort of cancer patients with poor prognosisElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80231, USA
J Palliat Med 16:412-8. 2013..However, some expert opinion recommends continuing statins prescribed for secondary versus primary prevention of cardiovascular disease...
- Association of patient-centered outcomes with patient-reported and ICD-9-based morbidity measuresElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado 80231 5968, USA
Ann Fam Med 10:126-33. 2012..We compared the contributions of self-reported morbidity and morbidity measured using administrative diagnosis data for both patient-reported outcomes and utilization outcomes...
- Multidisciplinary team care may slow the rate of decline in renal functionElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, Institute for Health Research, 10065 E Harvard Avenue, Suite 300, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:704-10. 2011..We implemented an MDT quality improvement project for persons with stage 3 CKD and comorbid diabetes and/or hypertension. Our objective was to decrease the rate of decline of GFR...
- The effect of incident cancer, depression and pulmonary disease exacerbations on type 2 diabetes controlElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, 10065 E Harvard Ave Ste 300, Denver, CO 80231, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:575-81. 2011..We assessed the effect of incident stage 0, 1, 2 or 3 breast, colon or prostate cancer; incident depression; or an exacerbation of chronic pulmonary disease on control of type 2 diabetes (DM2)...
- Characteristics of Medicare Part D beneficiaries who reach the drug benefit threshold in both of the first two years of the Part D benefitElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, CO, USA
Med Care 48:267-72. 2010..Medicare Part D beneficiaries who reach the drug benefit threshold (DBT) risk adverse health outcomes...
- Seniors' self-reported multimorbidity captured biopsychosocial factors not incorporated into two other data-based morbidity measuresElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 62:550-7.e1. 2009..To explore the constructs underlying a self-report assessment of multimorbidity...
- Processes of care desired by elderly patients with multimorbiditiesElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Research, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Fam Pract 25:287-93. 2008..Our objective was to explore processes of care desired by elderly patients who have multimorbidities that may present competing demands for patients and providers...
- Supporting self-management for patients with complex medical needs: recommendations of a working groupE A Bayliss
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Chronic Illn 3:167-75. 2007..Validation and quantification of these processes will require the development of performance measures that reflect the needs of this population, and research to prove effectiveness...
- Descriptions of barriers to self-care by persons with comorbid chronic diseasesElizabeth A Bayliss
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Ann Fam Med 1:15-21. 2003..Successful management of chronic conditions depends on adequate self-care. However, little is known about the self-care strategies of patients with comorbid chronic conditions...
- Predicting declines in physical function in persons with multiple chronic medical conditions: what we can learn from the medical problem listElizabeth A Bayliss
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:47. 2004..Our objective was to assess the effect of certain comorbid conditions on physical well being over time in a population of persons with chronic medical conditions; and to compare these effects to that of hypertension alone...
- Subjective assessments of comorbidity correlate with quality of life health outcomes: initial validation of a comorbidity assessment instrumentElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:51. 2005..A subjective measure of comorbidity that incorporates an assessment of disease severity may be particularly useful for assessing comorbidity for these investigations...
- Barriers to self-management and quality-of-life outcomes in seniors with multimorbiditiesElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente Clinical Research Unit, Denver, Colo 80237 8066, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:395-402. 2007..Our goal was to identify barriers to self-management that were associated with lower perceived health status and, secondarily, with lower reported physical functioning for a population of seniors with multimorbidities...
- Health-care utilization by prognosis profile in a managed care setting: using the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Cancer Survival Calculator SEER*CSCBorsika A Rabin
Department of Family Medicine and Colorado Health Outcomes Program, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO BAR Cancer Research Network Cancer Communication Research Center BAR, Institute for Health Research JLE, JFS, EB, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Department of Medicine, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Boston, MA JN Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD EJF, BFH, LC
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2014:275-81. 2014..This paper describes health service utilization patterns of subgroups of prostate cancer and colorectal cancer (CRC) patients with different relative probabilities of dying of their cancer or other conditions...
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Multiple Chronic Conditions Research Network: overview of research contributions and future prioritiesLisa LeRoy
Abt Associates, Cambridge, MA Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO Department of Health Policy and Management, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO Morehouse School of Medicine, Ellenwood, GA Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD
Med Care 52:S15-22. 2014..The cohort of individuals with multiple chronic conditions (MCC) is growing and two thirds of healthcare costs for the US population are currently spent on the 20% of people who have MCC...
- Factors related to adherence to statin therapyBrandy McGinnis
Department of Pharmacy, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Aurora, CO 80011, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1805-11. 2007..Retrospective database analyses have revealed that 50% of patients receiving statins discontinue therapy after one year of treatment. Typically, these data do not focus on patient-specific reasons for discontinuation...
- The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Cancer Survival Calculator SEER*CSC: validation in a managed care settingEric J Feuer
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD EJF, LC Cancer Research Network Cancer Communication Research Center BAR and Institute for Health Research JLE, JFS, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO Information Management Services, Inc, Calverton, MD ZZ, ZW, XX Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO EB Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA LN CANSTAT, Plano, TX BFH
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2014:265-74. 2014..These nomograms have been internally validated using the SEER data. In this paper, we externally validate the nomograms using data from Kaiser Permanente Colorado...
- Caring for body and soul: the importance of recognizing and managing psychological distress in persons with multimorbidityMartin Fortin
Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Int J Psychiatry Med 37:1-9. 2007....
- Effects of reaching the drug benefit threshold on Medicare members' healthcare utilization during the first year of Medicare Part DMarsha A Raebel
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research, Denver, Colorado 80237, USA
Med Care 46:1116-22. 2008..Information on the effects of reaching the Medicare Part D standard drug benefit threshold is limited...
- The frequency and behavioral outcomes of goal choices in the self-management of diabetesPaul A Estabrooks
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:391-400. 2005....
- Multimorbidity's many challengesMartin Fortin
BMJ 334:1016-7. 2007
- Patient-Centered Care Management/Seniors/MultimorbiditiesElizabeth Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..