George C Wang
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Thyroid autoantibodies are associated with a reduced prevalence of frailty in community-dwelling older womenGeorge C Wang
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1161-8. 2010..The contribution of autoimmunity to the multisystem dysregulation that characterizes the frailty syndrome in older adults is unknown...
- CMV and Immunosenescence: from basics to clinicsRafael Solana
Immunology Unit, Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba IMIBIC Reina Sofia University Hospital University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Immun Ageing 9:23. 2012..Here we summarize the major findings of this workshop...
- T cell receptor αβ diversity inversely correlates with pathogen-specific antibody levels in human cytomegalovirus infectionGeorge C Wang
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Biology of Healthy Aging Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sci Transl Med 4:128ra42. 2012....
- Cytomegalovirus infection and the risk of mortality and frailty in older women: a prospective observational cohort studyGeorge C Wang
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Epidemiol 171:1144-52. 2010..79, 95% confidence interval: 1.22, 6.40). Better understanding of the long-term clinical consequences of CMV infection in immunocompetent humans is needed to guide public health efforts for this widely prevalent infection...
- Herpesvirus Infections and Risk of Frailty and Mortality in Older Women: Women's Health and Aging StudiesGeorge C Wang
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
J Am Geriatr Soc 64:998-1005. 2016..To examine the relationship between herpesvirus infections and mortality and incident frailty risks in community-dwelling older women...
- T-lymphocytes expressing CC chemokine receptor-5 are increased in frail older adultsUmberto De Fanis
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:904-8. 2008..To evaluate the frequencies of T-lymphocytes expressing CC chemokine receptor-5 (CCR5(+) T-cells) and their relationship with frailty in older adults...