Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Psychiatric issues in the management of patients with HIV infectionG J Treisman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
JAMA 286:2857-64. 2001..We discuss the need for comprehensive evaluation, a multidisciplinary treatment team, and therapeutic optimism...
- Interrelation between psychiatric disorders and the prevention and treatment of HIV infectionGlenn Treisman
AIDS Psychiatry Service, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:S313-7. 2007....
- A behaviorist perspectiveGlenn J Treisman
Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Adv Psychosom Med 30:8-21. 2011..Maladaptive behaviors including addictive behaviors can be used as targets for classical and operant conditioning techniques, and these techniques are demonstrably effective in patients with chronic pain and addictions...
- PTSD: a problematic diagnostic categoryPaul R McHugh
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Anxiety Disord 21:211-22. 2007..A return to prior standards of diagnostic practice and therapeutic planning would greatly benefit patient care, rehabilitative services to veterans, and epidemiologic research...
- Psychotropic medications and HIVAlex Thompson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:1305-10. 2006....
- Does the presence of a current psychiatric disorder in AIDS patients affect the initiation of antiretroviral treatment and duration of therapy?Seth Himelhoch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1457-63. 2004..We investigated whether a current psychiatric disorder (1) affected the time to initiation of HAART, (2) predicted the likelihood of being prescribed HAART for at least 6 months, and (3) affected survival in urban AIDS patients...