John R Ticehurst
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Effective detection of toxigenic Clostridium difficile by a two-step algorithm including tests for antigen and cytotoxinJohn R Ticehurst
Division of Medical Microbiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital Meyer B1 193, 600 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 7093, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:1145-9. 2006..Over 6 months, our laboratories' expenses were US dollar 143,000 less than if CCNA alone had been performed on all 5,887 specimens...
- Factors affecting serum concentrations of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in HCV genotype 1-infected patients with chronic hepatitisJohn R Ticehurst
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Clinical Laboratories and Johns Hopkins Hospital Division of Medical Microbiology, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:2426-33. 2007..6% of the [HCV RNA](BL) differences between individuals (R(2) = 0.046 for 1,304 patients with HAI scores; 0.043 for all 2,472 patients)...
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) core antigen assay to detect ongoing HCV infection in thai injection drug usersDale M Netski
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland
J Clin Microbiol 42:1631-6. 2004..Reproducibility, low technical requirements, and high throughput should make this assay useful for clinical or research monitoring of HCV levels during active infection...
- Severe community-onset pneumonia in healthy adults caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the Panton-Valentine leukocidin genesJohn S Francis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:100-7. 2005..During a 2-month period in the winter of 2003-2004, four healthy adults presented to 1 of 2 Baltimore hospitals with severe necrotizing MRSA pneumonia in the absence of typical risk factors for MRSA infection...
- Outbreak management and implications of a nosocomial norovirus outbreakCecilia P Johnston
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:534-40. 2007..We describe a norovirus outbreak and its control in a tertiary care hospital during February-May 2004...
- Two Generations of "Gold Standards": The Impact of a Decade in Hepatitis E Virus Testing Innovation on Population SeroprevalenceBrittany L Kmush
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland European Centre for Environment and Human Health, University of Exeter, Truro, United Kingdom Cornwall Gastrointestinal Unit, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust, Truro, United Kingdom Department of Microbiology, Child Health Research Foundation, Dhaka Shishu Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland Centre for Child and Adolescent Health, ICDDR, B, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Am J Trop Med Hyg 93:714-7. 2015..Retesting populations with modern assays is necessary to establish better population-level estimates of disease burden. ..
- Accurate representation of the hepatitis C virus quasispecies in 5.2-kilobase ampliconsZhi Liu
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:4223-9. 2004..Therefore, the HCV quasispecies is highly complex even during acute infection and is accurately represented in amplicons representing more than half of the viral genome...
- Epidemiology and risk factors of incident hepatitis E virus infections in rural BangladeshAlain B Labrique
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:952-61. 2010..This is the first study to document annual HEV infection rates among "healthy" and very young to elderly subjects in a rural Bangladeshi population...