Erwin J Tan
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Volunteering: a physical activity intervention for older adults--The Experience Corps program in BaltimoreErwin J Tan
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Urban Health 83:954-69. 2006....
- The long-term relationship between high-intensity volunteering and physical activity in older African American womenErwin J Tan
Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, 2024 East Monument Street, Suite 2 700, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:304-11. 2009..We sought to determine if there were sustained increases in physical activity with participation in EC...
- Marketing public health through older adult volunteering: Experience Corps as a social marketing interventionErwin J Tan
Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Public Health 100:727-34. 2010....
- Low-intensity walking activity is associated with better healthVijay R Varma
Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, MD, USA Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Appl Gerontol 33:870-87. 2014..05). The cross-sectional relationship between low-intensity activity and health outcomes important to independent function suggests that we further explore the longitudinal benefits of low-intensity activity...
- Blunted diurnal decline of cortisol among older adults with low socioeconomic statusOwhofasa O Agbedia
Department of Mental Health and Center on Aging and Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1231:56-64. 2011..These findings confirm prior evidence of a biologic pathway through which socioeconomic disadvantage is linked to biologic vulnerability, and through which the impact of volunteer service in Experience Corps may be measured...
- Impact of Experience Corps(®) participation on school climateJeanine M Parisi
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Prev Sci 16:744-53. 2015..These findings suggest that perceptions of school climate may be altered by introducing a new program into elementary schools; however, research examining how perceptions of school climate are impacted over a longer period is warranted. ..
- Effect of Community Volunteering on Physical Activity: A Randomized Controlled TrialVijay R Varma
Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, Maryland Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 50:106-10. 2016..This study evaluates the effects of the Baltimore Experience Corps program, a community-based volunteer program, on walking activity in older adults...
- Potential for intensive volunteering to promote the health of older adults in fair healthJeremy S Barron
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Urban Health 86:641-53. 2009..Productive activity such as volunteering may be an effective community-based approach to health promotion for older adults...
- Low-intensity daily walking activity is associated with hippocampal volume in older adultsVijay R Varma
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland Center on Aging and Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Hippocampus 25:605-15. 2015....
- Differences in mortality of black and white patients enrolled in the program of all-inclusive care for the elderlyErwin J Tan
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:246-51. 2003..To examine the relationship between race and mortality in frail community-dwelling older people with access to a program providing comprehensive access and coordination of services...