Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- De novo DNA methyltransferase DNMT3b interacts with NEDD8-modified proteinsMeir Shamay
Viral Oncology Program, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Biol Chem 285:36377-86. 2010..Chromatin immunoprecipitation assays suggest that DNMT3b recruits CUL4A and NEDD8 to chromatin, whereas deletion of Dnmt3b reduces the association of CUL4A and NEDD8 at a repressed promoter in a cancer cell line...
- Phosphorylation of the chromatin binding domain of KSHV LANACrystal Woodard
High Throughput Biology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002972. 2012..The data indicate that RSK phosphorylation affects both LANA accumulation and function...
- A protein array screen for Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus LANA interactors links LANA to TIP60, PP2A activity, and telomere shorteningMeir Shamay
Viral Oncology Program, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Virol 86:5179-91. 2012..However, LANA expression in telomerase immortalized endothelial cells resulted in telomere shortening. In KSHV-infected cells, telomere shortening may be one more mechanism by which LANA contributes to the development of malignancy...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus LANA protein downregulates nuclear glycogen synthase kinase 3 activity and consequently blocks differentiationJianyong Liu
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Bunting Blaustein Building CRB308, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Virol 81:4722-31. 2007..We conclude that LANA inactivates nuclear GSK-3 and modifies the function of proteins that are GSK-3 substrates. In the case of C/EBPs, this translates into LANA-mediated inhibition of differentiation...
- Recruitment of the de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a by Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus LANAMeir Shamay
Viral Oncology Program, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14554-9. 2006..The data provide an example of promoter-specific epigenetic DNA modification through viral protein recruitment of de novo Dnmt activity...
- Bortezomib induction of C/EBPβ mediates Epstein-Barr virus lytic activation in Burkitt lymphomaCourtney M Shirley
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 117:6297-303. 2011..The effects of thapsigargin on EBV lytic gene expression are also inhibited by C/EBPβ knock-down. Therefore, C/EBPβ mediates the activation of EBV lytic gene expression associated with bortezomib and another UPR inducer...
- Human cytomegalovirus inhibition by cardiac glycosides: evidence for involvement of the HERG geneArun Kapoor
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:4891-9. 2012..These findings suggest that CG may inhibit HCMV by modulating human cellular targets associated with hERG and that these compounds should be studied for their antiviral activities...
- CpG methylation as a tool to characterize cell-free Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus DNAMeir Shamay
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Infect Dis 205:1095-9. 2012..The difference in the origins of cfDNA in these settings may in part reflect very different proliferative indices in KS and PEL tumor tissue...